Thread: I am spoiled

I am spoiled

Yesterday afternoon a friend of mine and I went fishing. We had a full tank of fuel, tons of tackle, ice chest full, and humidity you could cut with a knife in the Alabama air. I ran the little 27 Hydro up to 6000 rpm's and was tooling along at 85.4 when I saw a log floating directly ahead. I cut hard left, missed the log and back right to get back on the path to the fishing hole. My buddy who runs another brand that starts with S, just had a look on his face that said "I couldn't have done that". This my friends is another reason we own the best boats made.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Yesterday afternoon a friend of mine and I went fishing. We had a full tank of fuel, tons of tackle, ice chest full, and humidity you could cut with a knife in the Alabama air. I ran the little 27 Hydro up to 6000 rpm's and was tooling along at 85.4 when I saw a log floating directly ahead. I cut hard left, missed the log and back right to get back on the path to the fishing hole. My buddy who runs another brand that starts with S, just had a look on his face that said "I couldn't have done that". This my friends is another reason we own the best boats made.
    Johnny, I took a friend of mine out who had an XDC with a phase 2 HPDI on It out... i told him to hold on so i could show him how the XB21 could turn... to see his face at first appear apprehensive as he held on for dear life... slowly transitioned into a grin.... then when we straightened out.... he goes... can't do that in the Bullet.. I looked at him... said. Yeah.... can't talk to me @ 80+ like we are now either lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

This my friends is another reason we own the best boats made.
    I agree. I'm spoiled as well. I found I have a second wheel yesterday that can run! Amazing boats!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    I will admit I was quite impressed with the handling and wind protection of the Allison. As that was my first time to ever ride in one I was paying special attention to the boat and what it was doing. I will say that at equal speeds the Allison seems to be more on edge than my boat that starts with an S. If I ever decided to swap brands I’d probably get an xb21. Nice boats for sure and fish as well as could be expected. For now I’ll stick with the other brand.
    Last edited by Pickwicked Basser; 08-19-2018 at 07:07 PM.

7. Member
    Great running Geoff, glad you have that wheel working.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I agree. I'm spoiled as well. I found I have a second wheel yesterday that can run! Amazing boats!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    I will admit I was quite impressed with the handling and wind protection of the Allison. As that was my first time to ever ride in one I was paying special attention to the boat and what it was doing. I will say that at equal speeds the Allison seems to be more on edge than my boat that starts with an S. If I ever decided to swap brands I’d probably get an xb21. Nice boats for sure and fish as well as could be expected. For now I’ll stick with the other brand.
    You have a awesome boat and I doubt I’d be changing anytime soon. It’s like I told you when we were fishing, the biggest diff I have seen while driving the big 3 high performance boats was my boat turns/cuts much faster and handles rough water better. But you would have to either be an old fart like me with almost 30 boats behind me or rich to change just “because”. ������

9. Member
    Geoff you make sure to bring that new wheel when you come visit me next July. I’d love to try it out myself. ������ great running in summer heat too.

10. Member
    I hope all this talk is true because I may pull the trigger and buy a xb-21 2 seater! I’ll be upset if I trade the 21SS in and it’s not better

11. Member
    dont worry it will be way better, you will think you died and went to heaven

12. Member
    Yep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rifles11 View Post
    dont worry it will be way better, you will think you died and went to heaven

13. Member
    Bradley there are many XB21's around you can take test rides in and drive. If you want to know that you KNOW, I'd recommend you drive a little and satisfy any curiosity you have. All of us are biased of course as this is an Allison forum. LOL

14. Member
    Bradley there are many XB21's around you can take test rides in and drive. If you want to know that you KNOW, I'd recommend you drive a little and satisfy any curiosity you have. All of us are biased of course as this is an Allison forum. LOL
    This. I love my BasSport Pro and echo the same things said by others but before you drop that kind of coin you should spend time in one to satisfy your questions and comparisons.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Geoff you make sure to bring that new wheel when you come visit me next July. I’d love to try it out myself. ������ great running in summer heat too.
    July is depressing, but the fall rally falls on a Tradeshow for me so I guess that will be it. Who knows if I can hold on to a prop that long. LOL
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

16. Member
    Geoff, if you want to swap back I'll hold it for you as there isn't enough water out here to run it as our lake is at 5.4% capacity. If it works for you I would hate to see you get rid of it. I still have the promax or maybe a uncut 28 p3.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    July is depressing, but the fall rally falls on a Tradeshow for me so I guess that will be it. Who knows if I can hold on to a prop that long. LOL

Bradley21SS Sanderson Marine has a 2016 xb21 Pro Elite for sale that was a Demo Boat if your really looking,, its rigged now so you can probably demo it give him a call..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdp823 View Post
    Bradley21SS Sanderson Marine has a 2016 xb21 Pro Elite for sale that was a Demo Boat if your really looking,, its rigged now so you can probably demo it give him a call..
    I believe it has a 300xs on it at the moment.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty