Thread: Rec Tec

Rec Tec

I called the Rec Tec 800 number today and I was surprised to get a live person on a Saturday. I spoke with a gentleman named Travis and he could not have been more helpful. He was able to answer all of my questions without hesitation. It was also nice to speak to someone in the USA and not an overseas call center. He explained the ins and outs of each of the Rec Tec models and helped me decide which one would be right for my family.

Rec Tec guys- What model do you have and would you buy a Rec Tec again? Worth the money?

Thank you!

2. Banned
    I have the Trailblazer. Chose it over the others because of word of mouth and research. I have learned different pellets will start different with this. Not sure if it's a thing but mine does. I used gourmet pellets and I could set 250 and it would dial in pretty good. Pit boss from wal mart will over shoot 250 by 50-80 degrees then back down and dial in. Haven't tried the lumberjack brand yet but I will. Would I buy again...Yes..

3. Member
    I have the Trail Blazer also. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I haven't had mine but a month or so but everything I cook on it turns out great. My neighbor told me tonight how good it was smelling the other day. Ribs, chicken,turkey,salmon,deer sausage and beef are just some of the things I've cooked on it so far. Just fixing to open my second bag of pellets. I cook on it three or so times a week.

4. Member
    I have had my 680 for almost 2 years. I love it,my wife loves it,out children and their spouses and kids love it, our friends love it. Would I buy it again? HELL YES !!!!!!!! Any more questions ?

I've had my RT 680 for about a year. We cook everything on it. It's an oven, grill, smoker. Anything you could cook , you can cook on RecTec. Rolls. Desserts. Shrimp. Lobster. Steak. Overnight cooks are awesome. You can fill up the hopper and set the PID controller at the correct temperature and forget about it. 18 to 20 hr brisket. Pulled pork. Ribs. Pizza. Casseroles.

I've had a few problems. Customer service is awesome. I would definitely buy another one. Recommend it to everyone.

Get the searing grates. Worth the money.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

6. Member
    I would also recommend the grill grates. I don’t care what you want to cook the Rec Tec can cook it.

I had a few issues with my RecTec. Mostly because of me. Mines built in and caused a few problems. RecTec has sent me new parts with no problems. Customer service is top notch. Several different guys have been on the phone with me helping me trouble shoot for hours. Finally figured out some of my wiring got too hot and melted together causing a short.
    I finally got it back up and running Friday and we cooked ribeyes on Saturday. Man have we missed having my grill. I can't wait to use it again. RecTec has the best people ever.
    " A Few Good Fish"

8. Banned
    Did you have to remove it now?

No but I did have to cut out some more from underneath to allow proper ventilation. I think its gonna be ok now. But its been a lot of work. I hope I do not have anymore issues. I know everything there is to know about RecTec grills now.
    " A Few Good Fish"

10. Member
    Thier customer service is awesome as I've had to use it twice in 2 years and they knew what the problem was as soon as I told them what it was doing. The last time was at 8:30 last Wednesday night and they answered the phone on the 2nd ring and sent my part out. Had it on Friday. Also i have one of the owners cell phone numbers and he will answer any time any day for anything you need. They are good people and the product is excellent as well.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

11. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I have a RT300 and it works great but I would not buy another RT! I would go with the Yoda Made in the USA unlike the RT.

12. Member
    I thought the RecTec Bull was made in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by MRN III View Post
    I thought the RecTec Bull was made in the USA?
    Company is based out of Augusta GA. But products are made in China. But the quality is awesome and I would not buy anything else from anybody but them.
    " A Few Good Fish"