Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berger1b View Post
    I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, this is an annual family trip with the inlaws who are hell bent on going to Amistad. I have tried to get them to go to different lakes with no luck. We still have a good time.
    Understandable, go to Cripple creek and eat one night it's really good.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If you like Mexican, Memo's is the best in that category. And they have live entertainment nightly. The place is run by Blondie Calderon's family. He was Ray Prices piano player. All his kiddos are very talented.

http://www.memosrestaurant.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If you like Mexican, Memo's is the best in that category. And they have live entertainment nightly. The place is run by Blondie Calderon's family. He was Ray Prices piano player. All his kiddos are very talented.

http://www.memosrestaurant.com/home.html
    Blondie was one of the best. A very talented musician. I have a tape copy of an instrumental album recorded by the Cherokee cowboys from back around the seventies. Blondie on xylophone and Julian Thorpe on steel. It was a country jazz album and these two guys blew it out of the park with there twin lead parts. I think they only sold the album at their live shows because I can not find any information about it today.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Wife & I fished a couples championship at Amistad n the mid 90s. A group of us ate at Memo's one night and Blondie was there and played along with his kids. They were still rocking when we left after a good hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12