Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Agree with this - the Lund pro v bass XS version allows you to use a pistoning pedestal seat. I have them and it makes a huge difference, and the deep V is incredibly soft with no jarring impact. Definitely worth a look in your situation.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin Fisher View Post
    Smoothmove seats are the cats pyjamas! I have two on my deep v Smokercraft and I’m on the big water of Georgian Bay all the time, as well as very busy inland lakes in the summer. With those seats, you don’t even feel a thing with any wave and they have a ton of adjustments for height, weight and distance from steering wheel. I’ll never own another big boat without them in it.
    Thanks, will check it out

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Maybe time for a Fish'N'Ski or a Walleye boat. Deeper V with higher seats is going to help tremendously.
    That's my thinking

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin Fisher View Post
    Smoothmove seats are the cats pyjamas! I have two on my deep v Smokercraft and I’m on the big water of Georgian Bay all the time, as well as very busy inland lakes in the summer. With those seats, you don’t even feel a thing with any wave and they have a ton of adjustments for height, weight and distance from steering wheel. I’ll never own another big boat without them in it.
    Will check them out...thanks

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZang View Post
    Have a pretty bad back (5 blown disks), I bought a 18' bass boat 18 mo ago. But the lakes are so rough during the summer it kills my back. Does going to a 19 or 20 ft. help? Or what about going to a deep V multi species? Anyone face the same issue?
    Th only way for you to know if one boat will be better than another, and if it will make a difference, is to ride in some different boats.
    It's a lot of money wasted if you go bigger w/o knowing, and the pain is no better.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    What part of WA you in?
    Spokane

7. Member
    Try a Mueller back brace that velcros around you as that may help. I have to use one on my 4 wheeler and big touring bikes and you would be surprised how this helps. If I don't use it my back hurts after riding but when I do use it it solves the problem, low back. Yours may be a lot worse than mine but hope this helps.

Sit ups help.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

One other thing that contributes to back pain, it did with me anyway, is staring down at the electronics all day. Mounting them a little higher or changing the angle might help with that.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

10. Member
    I have an ab roller that strengthenes the muscles in your back that does seem to help as stated above plus it really takes inches off your stomach at the same time. It made a believer out of me years ago but you have to be consistent and do it regularly as the instructions state.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Deep v with suspension seats will help a ton.
    Easy to get in and out of the seats vs a bassboat which can be a pita alone.

Look up smooth move seats or wave pro.
    This ^^^

Put some electric trim tabs on the boat they let you run on plane at a slower pace , my boat has them and it’s nice .

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    People won’t believe you until they actually ride in one.
    Agreed. I will also add Allison to that list.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.

14. Member
    I've had 3 back surgeries, I run a 21 foot Phoenix 721. I have good days and bad days, but if I get to where I cannot fish out of this boat I will go to a bay boat.

One thing to do is put a docking bumper under your tailbone, Rick Clunn shared that and at his age is still out there giving them hell.

I'm also playing with an idea on how to build a shock absorbing base for my driver's seat, it got put on hold with us moving, but soon I will put it all together.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

If--- you have herniated disc, no boat will make you feel better.

Been there, first a Discectomy and laminectomy (twice) then a fusion, then a refusion. After operation #2 my surgeon gave me the ok to be a co angler in a friend's Lund, ( probably has 3' of freeboard) couldn't stand it. When riding in a vehicle kills your back, no boat is going to be up to par. BTW I have 496 Charger, and I stayed out of it four years.

You sound like a cruise ship candidate...cause bass boats all suck ride wise..some might suck a tad less than others, but that is usually a driver that knows what they are doing.

17. Member
    lund pro v.. lunds are quick for tinners. resale is solid..a will take great lakes water with ease. most if not all the bass tourneys up here a third the field is lunds.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

18. Member
    Welcome to BBC. Tough question to answer if haven't been in all the different boat, or used all the different seats. I don't even try to go to lakes anymore after all my herniated disc from auto accidents. Fish pits. All started with a U-Haul hitting me coming home from fishing in 2015.
    Hope things work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phnx Ed View Post
    I've had 3 back surgeries, I run a 21 foot Phoenix 721. I have good days and bad days, but if I get to where I cannot fish out of this boat I will go to a bay boat.

One thing to do is put a docking bumper under your tailbone, Rick Clunn shared that and at his age is still out there giving them hell.

I'm also playing with an idea on how to build a shock absorbing base for my driver's seat, it got put on hold with us moving, but soon I will put it all together.
    I have back issues too. I trust nobody's driving except my own. I will try just about anything to get some relief. I can't figure out what you are doing with the dock bumper to help.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

20. Member
    How about focusing more on smaller lakes like eloika, sacheen or Loon where you can just idle around the lake. Other than C’dA and Long which other lakes are huge with big runs. If you can do early that helps too since the wake boats arent normally out until early afternoon.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast