Thread: Out Of The Shop

Out Of The Shop

DC Marine (Channahon) completed the rehab of our 200 EFI Mercury that had a rod bearing come apart and wipe out the #5 piston. So we have a totally new powerhead along with a collection of other new parts. Also had the steering updated by fixing a fluid leak. DC tested and passed everything so now it's up to us to do the break-in and go find some fish. We will be headed to the River in the next few days (Thursday/Friday)
    to see if any of the bass we have released back into the pool have grown.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 08-19-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    Keep the prop shaft off the rocks!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

3. Member
    Danny does excellent work
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    DC Marine is great!

Finally got the boat on the water yesterday and I have to report that it sounded and ran great! We did some fishing along the way but probably made a 40 mile run to the Bellvue lock and dam #12 and back to Savanna. Other than the very low water in the pool (13), nothing to report except my partner could not keep the drum off his jig. He bagged 3 good size silver drum while I was bass fishing. OK,. he did also stick a couple nice keepers size LMB. We will be in the break-in mode for a while ... but it was great to be back on the river and know that the Merc was running so sweet. Thanks DC Marine.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    Keep the prop shaft off the rocks!
    I see what you mean .... man, I can see structure that has been under water for a long time. Why do you think the corp of engineers is draining the pool?
    They are supposed to begin pouring cement on the Sabula bridge in a few days ... I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200