John Deere Trail Gator Engine

Anybody have experience with re-powering a Gator. Got one about twenty years old with a sick Kawasaki engine. What I’ve been able to learn so far is the Kawasaki replacement is not available due to EPA restrictions. Some brands that are listed as replacement are Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard and Honda.
    Mine’s old but in good shape. I beat it up running around the property and don’t really want to buy a new one.
    Going to talk with my dealer Monday but I’m sure they’ll be cost prohibitive. Looking at small engine warehouse online.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I'd bet you came to the right place and a representative or multiple members of the Gear Head Division of the BBC will respond with the correct information and a source for a replacement engine.....

They are that good good have seen them find Powerheads, Lower Units, Rebuilt Transmissions, and engines for about any vehicle on the planet at reasonable prices it is a honor to watch them work their magic

3. Banned
    Ive purchased two small engines from Jacks in the past and have been happy with them. https://www.jackssmallengines.com/Pr...ines/Engines/s

4. Banned

5. Banned
    Repowered one about 5 years ago with an 8hp kawasaki from smallenginewarehouse online,a little over $400.00,John Deere wanted $2,100 for the same engine.

6. Member
    https://m.harborfreight.com/engines-...epa-62879.html

I had the Predator motor for my duck boat. The motor was a beast. The warranty period was good too. Price is even better.

7. Member
    www.tewarehouse.com

Repowered my Kubota a couple years ago, got by far the best price delivered from TEW.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console