Thread: 2019 x18

2019 x18

Just picked up my x18 middle of this week,and put the first three hours on it today.
    ordered it in February and have been boat less half the year.

preformance was great, just need a few pointers to get it dialed in.
    x18
    150sho
    10 inch plate
    24 pitch tempest plus
    3 ptp
    62mph gps

no load and half tank of fuel but starts walking bad when it hits 62, moves a little at 61 then starts to get wild at 62.
    water pressure is good and still have some trim left but can't go any higher because of the walk.
    should I expect much more or is this about what to expect out of this set up.
    Last edited by Strutstopper_71; 08-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.

2. Member
    If you are turning less than 6000 rpms you may be able to improve with some more seat time and more trim.

Sounds like a sweet rig! Congrats!

4. Member
    Raise the engine until you loose pressure or speed. The higher the engine the less chine walk you will have. (Normally) cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    If you are turning less than 6000 rpms you may be able to improve with some more seat time and more trim.
    I am turning 5800 rpm so I have a little wiggle room.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Raise the engine until you loose pressure or speed. The higher the engine the less chine walk you will have. (Normally) cj
    I will try trimming it up some more the next time and try to stick with it, I was on a small lake an was running out of water pretty fast trying to just get a feel for driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutstopper_71 View Post
    I will try trimming it up some more the next time and try to stick with it, I was on a small lake an was running out of water pretty fast trying to just get a feel for driving it.
    Not trim but raise on jackplate.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

Also try and balance the weight in the boat to have it sit level as possible. This will also help with the chine walk. Trick is to stop the chine walk before it gets out of hand (un-drivable). This will only come with more seat time and learning what corrections to make with the steering wheel as the boat gets on pad at higher speeds.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

9. Member
    Yes, sorry as Mike said, raise the engine on the jack plate with a moderate amount of trim until you either loose pressure or speed. If you start blowing out with the engine tucked then you went too far also. Then adjust trim when you run out. Like Bobby said check balance of the boat and keep as much weight to the back as you can. I like taking people out and showing the affects of engine height, as I can adjust as I go with the hydraulic plate. 2" can make my boat almost undrivable at 60mph, bump it up 2" or so it is rock stable. Also depending on what prop you are running and how hard it bites depends on how high you can raise the engine also. If you loose bite you went to far, you have to be able to lift the bow as you trim, extremely important with these hulls. I know it sounds confusing but you will hit a sweet spot and it will all come together! Then you can figure out how to keep the boat on pad like Bobby is saying. I have a lot of respect for people who can drive these boats at higher speeds. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

10. Member
    Thanks guys,
    Got out in the shop and got it raised a little, now just have to wait until Saturday to put it in the water. The wait is killing me but work and family come first.

11. Banned
    I'll keep an eye out for how She handles.. I'm pondering trading in My 2012 Ranger Z-118 on a like-size Aluminum..

12. Member
    I have been doing a little fine tuning lately and haven't updated on how it's doing in awhile.
    got my best speed out of it yesterday at 66 mph gps 5900rpm, you have to really drive it though it's a learning curve for me.
    It's still chine walking a little bit but not as bad, but still not turning like I would like it to.
    i don't think I have much more sped I can get out of this little 18ft boat.

It's rolling over hard in the corners and blowing out some any suggestions on how to get it to turn better.

13. Member
    My x 18 is the same way in cornering. I have a f150 fourstroke on my x18 and only getting 58mph at 6,000rpm and that's on a good day. I would be very happy about your numbers

14. Member
    I'm sure having the sho and a 10 inch are the biggest reasons your getting that speed

15. Member
    I am running a 2006 Opti on a X-18 and 58-60 is the best I have been able to get.

Allen

Heres my 18ft H56 with stock Mercury 150 pro xs. On cooler days it would 70-71 all day everyday. 25p TXP worked by Brian at Holeshot Propeller. Also my buddies red X18 with stock 150 pro xs.

Xpress X19/200SHO

17. Member
    T-Bob, just watched the video again for about the 50 th time in the last year.

I never get tired of watching you "Airing them out".

I could not make out the model and pitch of the 4 blade prop on "Big Red".

You make some great videos.

18. Member
    Top speed in my x18 with merc 150 4stroke/ 24p prop is 62 with a manual jackplate. Load balance is everything. I experienced walk at first but almost none after moving some stuff around.