Thread: Arctic Cat Atv

Arctic Cat Atv

Are these decent 4 wheelers? Or better to hold out and buy a Honda. Looking into buying a used one.

2. Member
    I have a 94 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4wd and can not kill it, been dragged out West numerous times from TN. Probably buy one cheaper than a Honda and just as good or better. Friend has older Arctic Cat that has been ok, few problems. If I were buying used it would have to have fuel injection.

3. Member
    Some of the older ones had problems with reg/rec and the diode in the starter buttom can go also. Motors were decent. They are the old Suzuki motors.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

4. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I know nothing about Arctic Cats, sorry. I did buy an 02 Kawasaki Prairie 650 in 2001 and sold it to my BIL last year. He loves it, uses it on the farm. I picked up a 17 Polaris 850 Sportsman last spring and absolutely love that machine. Tons of power, and good overall ride.

Of course Honda's will last forever and are shaft drive.

Ride each brand and see what fits best.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

5. Member
    Artic Cats are decent units. When the first came out the were Suzuki bikes with arctic cat stickers on it. They started making their own frame in 03-04. They still used Suzuki/Kawasaki motor. I'm not sure if they make their own motor now. If I were buying a used one I just check it out good to make sure it is in good shap. Also make sure there is not belt slip with it, as belt slip is one of their big faults.
    Josh

6. Member
    Thanks guys passed on this one but still looking.Man the used ones are either wore out or they want to much for them. Thats any brand. Good deals are out there just takes time.

7. Member
    There are 2 types of used ATV out there. The one that has seen beat to dog stuff and the one that sat in grandpa's grandpa's garage for years.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

8. Member
    Take a test ride on a Yamaha Kodiak. All the power you need and the ride is way better.

9. Member
    Well guys after much looking bought a 2010 Honda Rancher. So far I'm pleased with it, runs great one owner. Like all used has a couple bumps and bruises but I can live it.

That's a great machine for someone who just wants a simple reliable ATV that is ready when you are. We bought an 03 for the farm and it has been incredible. Only trouble was a broken ball joint that put me in a fix way up an awful mountain trail in idaho

11. Member
    Have a buddy on the lease with one it’s about an 05 and he has had zero issues. But before you decide, try out a yamaha kodiak, the ride on one of them is awesome

I have an 03 300, rode all in the 300 to 400 range at the time.
    The cat had 3 sets of 5 years. The low, had the same pulling capacity of 500-600 machines. The racks were the largest, with the highest capacity. In the 300s it had the highest clearance. It has a Suzuki motor, which has been GREAT. We use it for work on the property, pulling wood, clearing lots.