2008 Sabre FTD questions

Looking at buying my buddies 2008 Sabre FTD with a 150 HP ETEC within the next year....I currently run a 1996 Pantera Classic with a 150 Merc XR6. I have some questions.
    1.) the size difference (does the Sabre fish ride/etc a lot smaller than my current boat? Is the front deck wider? Narrower? Longer? Shorter? (I havnt been in it yet).

2.) can I take the rod organizer out (he said he can only get 8 rods in his organizer and my classic is open and I can get close to 30 rods in there with the longest being 8 foot

3.) Its a dual console...is the passenger console removable in this boat ?

If anyone has down sized cats before any input would be appreciated....I may be moving eithin the next year and would need to get a smaller boat for a couple years to fit garage so thats the only reason I would downsize.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    I can answer number 2. The front rod tubes come out. I took them out of my 2018 PII. 2 screws hold them in. I now easily put 17 rods with room to spare in there.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    You won’t be able to hold as many rods. My Sabre will hold 20 in socks

The passenger console is NOT removable, though I guess you could cut it out if you wanted to. I had a mid 90's model Pll, which is almost identical to the classic of that time, other than deck size and a few other items. I now own a 2017 Sabre FTD DC. I do not notice the 12" difference in length. Everybody has an opinion on dual consoles...mine is that I prefer them. I do not find it to take up "too much room", does not interfere with me landing a fish by whatever method, and it has enough room on the front deck for me. Can two 300 lb guys get up there and fish? Not well. I'm not sure if the 2008 has the forward position for the trolling motor pedal, but if so, there's plenty of room to move about, especially if you use the pro pole like a bar stool. Of course, if you use no seat, then that's a moot point.

All that said, I love my Sabre. If I fished big time tournaments, I might want a larger boat, but for local stuff and pleasure fishing, it's perfect, IMO.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

Thanks Midnight Rider! My current P-Classic is a Dual Console but with the dog and girlfriend in the boat the cockpit gets a bit cramped....I won’t be cutting any glass out it’s something I can deal with.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"