YOU TRIED NYLON-BASED FISHING LINE ?

==============================

Guys do try many lines over the years because its easy and not expensive to get a spool. Many of us started with Trilene or Stren from the nearest store.

Guess I tried a dozen lines over the years...

then fluorocarbon came along, then braid came along.

I ditched all braid in 2017 which seems a sin to many...

caught a 6.67/6.50/6.37/5.73/5.57 and others with no

line issues w/o braid since May 10, 2018....even a couple near 4# in thick stuff on a frog.

If I told you they all came on a 20# green mono for cat fishing called Pro Cat you would think I was joking...only Academy carries this brand.

By some odd happening I tried Lucky Craft Iron Athlete NT...was looking for a dependable easy to cast topwater line...10 years later its still #1 with me...the nylon base is amazing....topwater among cypress trees, logs and veggies demands a line that casts easily and will not break...I use 16# Iron Athlete...

So if you are looking for a topwater line...get a spool (its not $30 either)...try 14# if 16# seems high for your style.

Recently I saw a fairly new to me casting line SUNLINE Defier which is also nylon-based but a dark color and got curious.....been testing 17# and its very impressive... I tend to go as high as I can go pound-test-wise as long as it is easy to cast because it matters for strength...try 15# if 17# seems high for your style.

Yes, I do take extra care with my knots and often add a very tiny drop of super glue to the knots when I re-tie the night before. Bad knots do not mean bad line, just bad prep.

Please post if you decide to try either line....

BUT do the knots wet and good for all tie-ons or big

Momma bass will break your heart..LOL.