Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Make sure you have all the software updates done. I just had 2 more done a couple weeks ago and I'm super happy with how the trans shifts now
    Thanks....I’ll ask the dealer about that. As far as I know nothing has been updated on it.

2. Banned

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Not sure how you plan to get ripped off on an oil change at the dealership.
    Coupons for full synthetic dexos1 and a tire rotation. $50 up to 6 quarts, $60 up to 8 quarts.

https://www.cadillac.com/content/dam...-print-all.pdf
    Yes,very reasonable price. Find a place to do changes and complete service you trust and stick with them. Sometimes cheapest is not the best. Believe it or not.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbargercpa View Post
    I have one in my 2016 Silverado. Oil changes are straightforward. Dexos oil required. Think it takes 8 qts. I love the engine.....8 sp transmission not so much.
    Just wondering what it is about the 8 speed tranny that you don't like? I've only had mine for a week, I do notice a slight bump when it downshifts.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Banned
    It's nice when you have a fast dealer. Everytime I ask it's a 2 to 3 he wait. I just do it myself in 20 min.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Just wondering what it is about the 8 speed tranny that you don't like? I've only had mine for a week, I do notice a slight bump when it downshifts.
    I haven't had any serious issues with it. It’s just clunky at lower speeds....seems like it has a hard time determining what gear it wants to be in. Occasionally, usually while coasting through a parking lot, it will shift VERY hard into another gear. These things are usually worse until it’s warmed up completely.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbargercpa View Post
    I haven't had any serious issues with it. It’s just clunky at lower speeds....seems like it has a hard time determining what gear it wants to be in. Occasionally, usually while coasting through a parking lot, it will shift VERY hard into another gear. These things are usually worse until it’s warmed up completely.
    Thank you sir!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12