Thread: Gas Prices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    As Jim said (second time in two weeks I have agreed with Jim, scary!)This not a good thing. This is one of the things that leads to wild swings. A lot of oil wells will be shut down in this country. Likely a lot of jobs lost. Part of this is the world economy and countries like China that has economies that are not roaring like ours.
    Be very careful agreeing with me. Next thing you'll know, we will be fishing together.

2. Member
    It depends on the news source as this site says oil will hit $200 a barrel.

https://www.thebalance.com/oil-price-forecast-3306219

3. Member
    $3.54-3.69 here in San Diego.

2.46 here, a friend had to go to OKC yesterday and he texted me that he filled up at 2.33 before he left there..

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    $2.45 yesterday (haven't checked, today)... If that keeps folks working here at home, I'm okay with it.
    Last edited by hatcreek; 08-17-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Who controls John Gill?

I really doubt it will ever go under $2 again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I guess someone has to pay for that free insurance.
    oh believe me we pay more than enough for our “free” insurance. If I’m not mistaking our gas tax is like a third of the price. Then on top of that I get to take home about 60% of my pay check then on top of that we pay sales tax on pretty much everything and anything. So I figure last year my “free” insurance cost me about 35000-40000 based on some rough estimates🤬. Almost time to go on welfare and start collecting back some of all my tax money I have donated over the years.

All I know is is this 9 months ago when gas was 1.90$ the oil companies were making money everybody's traveling spending money going on trips ECT . Now if they were making money at 1.90$ but cut production in order to increase the profit . In my opinion the big oil companies can make money on Lower gas prices , and so can the small guys they just won't make as much money as they want to make.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It's all about supply and demand and how traders trade the price. I think gas prices will stay range bound for the foreseeable future unless there is a disruption in oil supply, like war with Iran. Gas prices may go a little lower due to seasonality. The reason they have gone down recently is because our Dollar has gained dramatically recently.

Our economy is strong and IMO will continue to stay strong for the foreseeable future. Oil demand will continue to rise, putting upward pressure on price. Oil producers will increase supply to take advantage of higher prices putting downward pressure on price. It's a balancing act. Only a recession, will bring dramatically lower prices and only war will bring dramatically higher prices.

I don't see any sign of a slowing economy. Ask Walmart or Amazon about what they see. Or just look at their earnings report along with other retailers. If somebody thinks differently, I would love to hear their reasoning.
    Thanos was the hero

10. Member
    For the amount of gas i use in a years time, i don't really feel a squeeze unless it hits over 2.95 a gallon. I have actually used a lot less gas this summer due to the extreme heat and not going to the lake as much because of it. If we were to get a mild fall and winter i could possibly catch up to normal usage. Being retired the weather plays a much bigger role for me now than when i worked as to gas used.

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    2.63 a gal here.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    2.63 a gal here.
    Hail Bro, that's a shocker Tally is cheaper than you. we are $2.61 at last check.

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Yea, it got close to 2.50 and they just had to kick it up a little....

14. Member
    Just coughed up $2.79, but stopped at $25.00 since prices seem to be moving downward.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Be very careful agreeing with me. Next thing you'll know, we will be fishing together.
    Not the worse thing I have ever been threatened with. LOL

16. Member
    Didn't they release some of strategic reserves a month ago? I think I read that supplies were higher than expected also. It seems like the prices climb and then the shale producers ramp up production and then the price drops again. As Boneil said it does seem to be range bound.

17. Member
    Paid 3.13 for 89 in PA this morning, paid 2.48 in VA this afternoon...553 miles later I'm in Bristol for tomorrow's cup race!
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Came up to our cabin on Georgian Bay today. I paid $2.98 on the NY Thruway. In the little town near our cabin it was $1.399 Canadian a liter!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    2.89 here

Quote Originally Posted by fishmaster View Post
    oh believe me we pay more than enough for our “free” insurance. If I’m not mistaking our gas tax is like a third of the price. Then on top of that I get to take home about 60% of my pay check then on top of that we pay sales tax on pretty much everything and anything. So I figure last year my “free” insurance cost me about 35000-40000 based on some rough estimates��. Almost time to go on welfare and start collecting back some of all my tax money I have donated over the years.
    Got this with a quick Google for Canadian health care cost. I would love to see your source:"In 2016, the average unattached (single) individual, earning an average income of $42,914, will pay approximately $4,257 for public health care insurance. An average Canadian family consisting of two adults and two children (earning approximately $122,101) will pay about $11,494 for public health care insurance."

Texas: This year, between premiums, co pays, deductibles and max out of pocket, I will hit $15,000 total.

P01135809

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast