Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have had both, my current is a single console. I actually prefer the single (much more room) although I wasn’t sure I would like it at first. The only thing I miss about a dual console is the glove box but I have a box in the center between the seats to make up for it. As far as other people driving while I ride, it’s my boat and if they want a console they can find someone who has one and fish with them or better yet, buy their own boat.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    So...you’re not very concerned about the passenger’s riding comfort, but you are concerned about them getting 10 rods into the boat? Also, when making a long trip on Erie (or other rough water), the passenger console provides even the driver some extra shelter from the elements. The wind blows from whichever side of the boat it wants.
    I always give my tourney partners the option, its completely their call as it makes no difference to me since I can take the console in or out in 30 seconds. They all want more floor space, and more space for their rods. I can tell you in team tourneys its an advantage for them to have more rods ready and rigged - seen this time and again. Champlain, Ontario, St. Lawrence, Hudson River - never an issue especially the way this Phoenix rides. The only time we even discuss it anymore is November and December when its below freezing for highs. I will say this - I think Phoenix has the best removable console on the market and that ability to use it or not is a great feature if you can spare the extra grand that it costs.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by clearlake outdoors View Post
    Just get a boat with a removable one and see which way you like it.
    I took mine out 4 years ago and it probably wont go back in.
    And if he does that he’s better of not paying extra for the removeable console.

To the OP, I’d say if your happy with it now, you will be in the future so go for it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I ordered one with my Charger 210. It is removable, but I've not fished with anyone who doesn't like having it.
    I got nothin

5. Member
    Check out what it costs with new boat and price it seperatly after purchase I think it will help resale value I like mine so does the wife and grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    If you don’t get one. Whenever you take someone out, always let them drive and you sit unprotected, esp on cold, wet mornings.

If they want to bitch about me not having a second console I will go one better, I will just leave them sitting unprotected at the dock.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If they want to bitch about me not having a second console I will go one better, I will just leave them sitting unprotected at the dock.
    Me too
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    I've had both and I prefer the single console for space, ease of getting rods in and out of port side rod locker and me getting in and out of it when it's sitting on the trailer in the garage. I think the dual console boats look better, gives them a more balanced look and I understand it's put your partner in the wind and weather but I fish alone probably 75% of the time and I paid for the boat and all the maintenance so I'm choosing what works best for me.

9. Member
    I have had both. I currently have a single and I ordered my boat that way. Love how open it fishes. Fast forward from 4 years ago and if buying today I would only buy a boat that had a removable option or was 21 foot with a passenger console. I got married you see and wife would sure like one and I would like one for her. When we have children that want to go with dad in the future I will have a boat with a passenger console.

10. Member
    Ive fished out of both and honestly unless its 18' or smaller it made zero differance on loading or fishing. Most newer dual console boats have space between the console and gunnell now so longer rods fit anyway. Personally riding as the partner or co angler I think its fantastic. As a Single could care less? Its personal choice and your gonna get 2 sides regaurdless on here. I am not partial to either honestly both have good and bad results depending on model
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Ive fished out of both and honestly unless its 18' or smaller it made zero differance on loading or fishing. Most newer dual console boats have space between the console and gunnell now so longer rods fit anyway. Personally riding as the partner or co angler I think its fantastic. As a Single could care less? Its personal choice and your gonna get 2 sides regaurdless on here. I am not partial to either honestly both have good and bad results depending on model
    Another plus for the second console is the convenience of installing your road cover.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yeah, I'll leave my wife and toddler at the dock.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

13. Member
    I highly doubt it will boost the resale value. If it does anything it will likely hurt it. I for one have never liked dual consoles nor does anyone I fish with. Its not the takes up room issue but more of they get in the way when lipping fish, flipping fish, netting fish, and when re-tying lures you cant walk around the guy.

You can tell who fishes draw tournaments on this thread and who doesn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12