Thread: Academy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Academy

So after reading Dean's post on Tues morning about Academy I went on their website around 11 a.m. and ordered 6 new reels. I don't need them so at checkout I just went with the free 5 day shipping instead of upgrading. Got home from work yesterday at 3 and they were on my front porch. They delivered them in under 48 hours with no shipping charges, can't beat that and to say I was pleased is an understatement. to a great company.

2. Member
    Hi Mike.

4. Member

21 XD 225 Merc

Academy is awesome. Always free and fast shipping.

6. Member
    I went the store to buy a scale and they were out. So the associate said he can order it for me and have it shipped. He told me that certain items will get free one day shipping but it is random as to what qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I went the store to buy a scale and they were out. So the associate said he can order it for me and have it shipped. He told me that certain items will get free one day shipping but it is random as to what qualifies.

I think they do the $25.00 minimum for free shipping plus returns are free if needed.

Awesome! Congrats on the new stuff!

Our academy locally has a pretty darn good bass selection...we've got an entire aisle of nothng but Zoom. You can always figure out what guys are throwing by the empty racks!

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Always have super-fast shipping service from Academy...

Even when they send a dozen baits in 10 different boxes.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    Let me throw a wrench into the fan. I ordered a close out Gill rain coat last year that was original $250 for $69 and free shipping. Well, it left a warehouse in Texas, three days later it was in Virginia. Sat there for 5 more days then shipped to distribution center in GA. Finally 14 days later it showed up at the house. I was like, WTH??????????????????

However, I have ordered things in the store that they were out of and get it in a couple days.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

Yeah...sometimes their shipping makes me shake my head. I'll place an order, and it will show up on different days in separate boxes..like the same worms showing up in different boxes, but everything always shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    Let me throw a wrench into the fan. I ordered a close out Gill rain coat last year that was original $250 for $69 and free shipping. Well, it left a warehouse in Texas, three days later it was in Virginia. Sat there for 5 more days then shipped to distribution center in GA. Finally 14 days later it showed up at the house. I was like, WTH??????????????????

However, I have ordered things in the store that they were out of and get it in a couple days.
    Sounds like a shipping company issue than Academy. I think they shipping description states free shipping is just regular parcel etc.

13. Member
    Sure like their prices, too. Their own Magellan and H2O gear is fine.

14. Member
    Wish they would do the 20% off again. That was a great deal earlier this year!

15. Member
    It's a good thing you didn't need all those reels

Academy is the bomb! I tell my friends to go shopping at Bass Pro and Cabelas and pick what you want. Then go to Academy and buy it! I've always found their prices to be very good with a really good selection of name brand lures and plastics. If you like Zoom, Academy always has a sale late Feb/early March with great prices....Never ordered anything on the website so can't comment on that.
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMitchell19 View Post
    Academy is the bomb! I tell my friends to go shopping at Bass Pro and Cabelas and pick what you want. Then go to Academy and buy it! I've always found their prices to be very good with a really good selection of name brand lures and plastics. If you like Zoom, Academy always has a sale late Feb/early March with great prices....Never ordered anything on the website so can't comment on that.
    And you can price match and get an extra 5% off. I stopped using my bass pro credit card and got an Academy credit card instead

18. Member
    They fill the orders from different stores that’s why they come in different boxes. Last year I ordered a pretty good amount of tackle and it never showed up. So after a week of letting them try to find it they resent the entire order. Customer service was great to deal with and I’ll buy from them again.
    Nick Frazer
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Pin2win201

19. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Sounds like a shipping company issue than Academy. I think they shipping description states free shipping is just regular parcel etc.
    No, it is an Academy issue. Happens often to me. Goes to Atlanta, sits for a week, then delivers. They often ship from a store, not a distribution center. I had 1 item come from a store 2 hours away. It took 8 days to get to me after going to a different state and coming back.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

They opened an Academy here about a year ago. It doesnt have the selection of bass pro but what they do have is priced right. 330yd spool of line at Bass Pro, 12.99, Academy 7.99
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast