Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Which store, Cabela’s Rogers, Overton’s? Let me know and I’ll get a Pro in there to update.

Good news / bad news...Good news (for me) Retail isn’t my thing anymore. I’m now Marketing Manager handling all things Pro Staff, Events and Sponsorship. Bad news is that updating and just getting them turned on is a constant struggle at Retail. I’ll train the new guy on my shortfalls and maybe he can get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsteg View Post
    . Jig34 especially with so many tweaks added post-release, it'd be great if you could get your retailers to update their units!

2. Member
    This was Cabela's Owatonna. Woodbury was more up to date (closest to home for me...but I'm away too much). I'll check tonight and probably buy.

Cabela's in Springfield or was way behind (release version of the firmware without any updates at all). Bass pro in round Rock tx was pretty decent.

I don't think any were all the way to 3.6, but it's more critical to get beyond the first 1-2 firmware releases I think. And I understand that this is a continual struggle!

I think Woodbury was the most up to date, but I need to verify that. The man stores in generalwere the only ones showing more than 1 model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    the fish aren’t affecting bottom color.
    again, you're backwards of what I am trying to say. no, the fish are not affecting the bottom color. the bottom is affecting the fish color. you should be able to see soft or hard bottom without it affecting the appearance of the fish returns.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    again, you're backwards of what I am trying to say. no, the fish are not affecting the bottom color. the bottom is affecting the fish color. you should be able to see soft or hard bottom without it affecting the appearance of the fish returns.
    It could be auto-sensitivity. And note that the Dr sonar like shows similar examples from bird and lowrance (just without the same fish concentration). I think we're all jumping to way too many conclusions from a couple of screenshots.

5. Member
    Separately - I may have an rmk-9 available to me. Does this work ok with axiom? What would I miss vs rmk-10?

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Whats this AUTO they are talking about

"I use Auto-sensitivity on my Humminbird and Lowrance models almost always. It works so well we never notice when it adjusts. Auto-Sensitivity mainly adjusts for depth. We need a higher sensitivity in deeper water since the sound that returns as you go deeper becomes weaker. A manual setting of sensitivity for 10 feet to get the optimal image would not show fish at 100 feet and this is where Auto-Sensitivity shines."

There use to be a Pro on here that said No unit had auto. Im So confused.

"so you're saying that you never change your sensitivity, pallet, contrast or anything. you should never leave any unit in full auto. there is no such thing as manual mode or auto mode. as far as i know there is no unit that offers an auto setting for these settings."

Well he thought he was a Pro!!!
    Guess it don't matter, He's Gone!!!

Humminbird has switchfire 2d, which has a max mode and a clear mode. Neither offers an auto sensitivity setting on the helix or the solix. Sensitivity still has to be adjusted manually with the sensitivity setting.

7. Member
    The RMK-9 and RMK-10 are interchangeable within a system of compatible MFDs (a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs, Axiom MFDs, and Axiom Pro MFDs). The RMK-10 is simply the successor to the RMK-9 and features styling consistent with Raymarine's latest generation of MFDs (Axiom MFDs, eS-Series MFDs, gS-Series MFDs), instruments, autopilot control heads, etc.. Both have options to install in portrait or landscape orientations.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsteg View Post
    Separately - I may have an rmk-9 available to me. Does this work ok with axiom? What would I miss vs rmk-10?

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    Humminbird has switchfire 2d, which has a max mode and a clear mode. Neither offers an auto sensitivity setting on the helix or the solix. Sensitivity still has to be adjusted manually with the sensitivity setting.

Thats enough right there not to go with a bird!!
    This time of year on the humps between 7 and 40 ft. I can just see out there with wakeboard boats and cruisers wake bending over on the bow to readjust my settings and getting knocked over.

9. Member
    You guys act like you constantly have to adjust the HB's which is not correct! Quit trying to knock everyone's else stuff and just promote what you like about the units you prefer and why.

10. Member
    Knocking other brands is the farthest thing from what is done on here. Please go back and read every post from the start of the Raymarine room and you will see that at every turn, TroyBoy downplayed, minimized or flat out lied about Raymarine technology. Many times deleting his BOE signature and going back and revising posts once he got called on his BS. He was a Garmin guy, then a Bird guy, but at every turn he was anti Raymarine. You inserted Bird (post 14) into an Axiom / Lowrance thread, so it smelled of TBoy all over again.

InternationalMarine Brian is the one who called my screenshot a "glitch" and he's also the one that said (post #46) "Neither offers an auto sensitivity setting on the helix or the solix. Sensitivity still has to be adjusted manually with the sensitivity setting". So "you guys keep saying...." is not coming from the core Raymarine group on here.

Do I (and some other guys) have a chip on our shoulders - ABSOLUTELY. That, without doubt, is why some replays are a little sharp. From day 1, I've given credit where credit is due.
    * Bird Mega is very clear and 360 is an efficient way to see around you
    * Garmin PanOptix is a great forward option

Raymarine has
    * Quad core processor - fastest that I've seen and I've used everything out there
    * LH3 operating system - most intuitive - again, I've used everything out there
    * Software update / support - eS was on LH2 software v19 and can be upgraded to LH3 - not all stay relevant that long
    * All-in-one transducer = CHIRP Sonar, DownVision, SideVision and RealVision 3D
    * MFD that can process CHIRP and 600W Sonar (Axiom Pro has a 1kW port), DownVision, SideVision and RealVision WITHOUT additional black boxes

I've worked in the Marine Industry for nearly 20 years and we way overthink things. Pick a unit that you like with features that you want and go fish. Once you are on the water you can then debate witch of the 3,784 shades of "Green Pumpkin" is the best.

11. Member
    I was responding to aero320 post #10 where he says he tried both Lowrance and HB units on the same place and had a screenshot that he posted of Raymarine. I've simply stated that I like to look at and compare screenshots from diffrent manufactures. I have no history of what happened in the past, just trying to learn how to use my electronics to the best of my ability. Don't think pointing out what your opinion is of negative stuff about other units that is not facts is a good way to be. I know if I'm car shopping and all the salesman can talk about is how bad brand x is I'll go find another dealer.

12. Member
    If you asked for comparisons people are going to give you opinions as well as pictures. You are dreaming if you think all you are going to get is pictures... especially on BBC.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    There hasn’t been one guy on the Rayforum slam another brand!!

Its when I say I run mine in auto, and some DA tells me there is no auto is when my feathers get ruffled!!
    Post all you want as long as it the truth!!

14. Member
    I agree with post all you want as long as it is the truth! Opinions are fine as well, we all have them, but to keep stating that you have to constantly adjust HB units is just not true. Most trips I never have to adjust my units at all and the images from my HB HELIX Mega are very crisp and clear, IMO HB SI Mega is the best available.. Mega DI is awsome as well, now their 2d image is much improved with the lowQ CHIRP transducer. I understand that this is a Raymarine board and you guys are trying to promote Raymarine, great. But repeatedly trying to point out what you conceive as issues with other manufactures, not just HB, makes me want to just shy away from Raymarine, it's a shame. Looks like it could be a good product but not so the way it is promoted on this board. Sorry some of you guys have a chip on your shoulder, I didn't put it there.

15. Member
    The interesting thing to me, is that this discussion on auto-sensitivity was kicked off from a post where a guy referenced using auto sensitivity on his bird and showed an example of its effect mimicking a bottom transition( third image on https://doctorsonar.com/blogs/educat...to-sensitivity ). Is this a new removal of the feature (presumably due to feeling they don't need it?)? Or do birds silently auto-adjust and their sensitivity settings are more relative? Either way the proof is in the output of the sonar and usability of the units - I'm just curious what's going on in general. My main issue with birds is "usability" - but that's mostly that I just don't get on with the menu setup at all.

16. Member
    Royt - “repeatedly trying to point out what you conceive as issues with other manufactures”? Where are you seeing this?

Interesting that you found the Raymarine room right around the time TroyBoy was excused. Also, you are now accusing us of the stuff TB used to do and also referencing Low Q - another thing only TB did???

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Royt, were not here to promote ANYTHING!!

This is to share knowledge and experiences, to ask and answer questions!

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    You guys act like you constantly have to adjust the HB's which is not correct! Quit trying to knock everyone's else stuff and just promote what you like about the units you prefer and why.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....166&p=9600180#

So which is it, I know there is a lot of talk about having to play with the setting and what settings to use on the other boards.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 08-21-2018 at 03:47 PM.

19. Member
    I don't know Troy, I'm not Troy, I'm not trying to take the place of Troy. You guys continue on and I'll do my thing as well. You might want to try and adjust your units sometimes, you might learn something and improve your images. Keep trying to spread the Raymarine good news but good luck trying to attract new people with the aditude of the 2 main posters on this board, wow! AERO really enjoy your post, nice to see good images. Jig and Hickory, you guys win, no use trying to reason wit you. Lif is short, do what makes you happy. Keep posting images and I'll keep looking but don't ask for opinions and then don't like what you hear.

What is the pixel count on an Axiom 9?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast