Thread: End of Triton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

End of Triton

Theres a rumor Triton is going under. Is this true? Had anyone heard of this?
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

A rumor was discredited last week, I'm sure there will be another rumor out next week. There's takeover rumors out there about every company that BPS and Johnny Morris don't yet own. They've spent a ton of money turning the Legend plant into the Triton plant, Triton sells a lot of boats, it doesn't make much sense to kill it. Fake news!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    A rumor was discredited last week, I'm sure there will be another rumor out next week. There's takeover rumors out there about every company that BPS and Johnny Morris don't yet own. They've spent a ton of money turning the Legend plant into the Triton plant, Triton sells a lot of boats, it doesn't make much sense to kill it. Fake news!
    Exactly!
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    I personally think that was one of the major reasons why JM purchased Legend, was to acquire their assets for production of the bigger brands (i.e. Triton, Ranger). Go look at the Elite rigs and count the number of Tritons you see. Heck go fish a BFL or any large weekend tournament and go count the number of Tritons you see. It wouldn't make sense for them to stop making a boat that sells.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Banned
    Triton isn't going anywhere. Too many big names behind the brand.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    Theres a rumor Triton is going under. Is this true? Had anyone heard of this?
    Yes it's been out and is false info, JM has spent a large amount of money on the Triton brand. Their is going to be some big changes over the next year or two, the guys that liked the older fast Tritons are going to really like.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Yes it's been out and is false info, JM has spent a large amount of money on the Triton brand. Their is going to be some big changes over the next year or two, the guys that liked the older fast Tritons are going to really like.
    It would kind of make sense. Keep Ranger the "luxury" brand, Triton the "performance" brand and Nitro the "economy" brand.

8. Member
    Here we go again, I will furnish the popcorn, butter or no butter guys? LOL

9. Member
    They have new 2019 s out

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Sounds like I’ll be getting a new Triton in a year or two...

11. Member
    I’d like to hear more about faster Tritons. Can someone elaborate?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    They have new 2019 s out
    Along with tin I noticed Triton is not offering. Yammy on them. Just Mercury and Evenrude

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWLipRipper View Post
    Along with tin I noticed Triton is not offering. Yammy on them. Just Mercury and Evenrude
    Don't know about not getting them on Tritons, but I do know the SHO engines are in short supply all over. The new 4 stroke Merc Pro XS models are getting a little hard to find too. Several guys I know with Merc engine deals are having to get them through their boat companies instead of Merc direct. I know of one guy who has had Yamaha deals for years had to put an Evinrude G2 on his new boat because the couldn't get a SHO. And after the Triton dealer's meeting, you can rest assured that Tritons will be around for some time. And word from the meeting is that you will NOT be able to buy a Triton at Bass Pro Shops. That made the Triton dealers very happy hearing that from the top. Also, Triton is buying up more property for expansion around the old Legend plant. All Tritons other than the aluminum will soon be built at the Midway (Legend) site. And contrary to what many have said, Legend was dying on the vine with fewer than 100 boats a year being built a year. You just can't stay in business with that few boats.

14. Member
    Sounds like good news for Triton.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

15. Member
    I know of 3 dealers still have their 2018 Tritons on their lots. 4 boats still un sold on each lot. Some with the newer v8 mercurys to. Says something about boat sales.

16. Member
    Problem for Triton long term is from it's sister lines. Nitro will chip away on the low end, and Ranger on the high end. The middle is not a good place to be long term. But Earl Bentz coming with yet another boat brand will insure Triton stays around for awhile. With Vexus and now Caymus gunning for WRMG, JM is not going to give them any entry point into his market share. They will have to take it, and they will over time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Problem for Triton long term is from it's sister lines. Nitro will chip away on the low end, and Ranger on the high end. The middle is not a good place to be long term. But Earl Bentz coming with yet another boat brand will insure Triton stays around for awhile. With Vexus and now Caymus gunning for WRMG, JM is not going to give them any entry point into his market share. They will have to take it, and they will over time.
    Earl bentz coming with another boat brand?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Where have you been?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Yes, been discussed on here a time or two.

20. Member
    Havent heard anything about it happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast