Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Just got setup with a long vacation at the tail end of bow season...Also getting ready to blow through boxes of shells trying to down some Grouse.....Those things are like fighter jets when they get in the thick stuff..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

2. Member
    I love hunting season and I dont even own a gun. Ill have the lake all to myself.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Ill shoot a few dove to eat and maybe a few squirrels but that's about it for me anymore. Don't shoot deer anymore but I get to watch some very large bucks closeup. Now im hungry for backstrap as well. Fall and winter are my favorite times to be on the water

Dale Sinclair original

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

...and I spend more of it fishing than hunting, these days.
    Who controls John Gill?

Can't wait for hunting season! Even less boats on the water and the fishing is on fire!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I do !!! It gets some of you off the water .. a little more cool weather and the ski boats and jet skis go away ... the lakes start getting nice and peaceful
    Spot on!

The only reason I fish is to give me something to do between hunting seasons. Might as well winterize now.

8. Member
    Yes! Excited about fewer fisherman on the lake!!!!

I like it because the lakes are a whole lot less crowded. I rarely hunt anymore. I prefer fishing by far.

10. Member
    Yes, I have an archery antelope tag that starts next Friday. Then a week later will get to pound some dove and Eurasians.

11. Member
    Not as much as I did being I just moved from Iowa back to Ky.

12. Member
    Used to be most of the fisherman were off the water come November, but the last few years lots of boats still out in late fall. Sometimes the lakes actually fish smaller in the late fall when the fish are bunched up, so even with fewer boats the lake actually more crowded than summer time. I think part of it is that we had warmer than average fall temperatures, too warm to be in a tree stand.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Been scouting for our elk campsite, looking forward to the archery hunt. Hope we get some rain soon, pretty dry here.

14. Member
    some flying carp AKA geese about to be shot in the face in 2 weeks from tom.!

I do !!! It gets some of you off the water .. a little more cool weather and the ski boats and jet skis go away ... the lakes start getting nice and peaceful
    Same here! I can't wait for hunting season to get people off the water. Guys are sitting in trees during some of the best fishing of the year!
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Can't wait for hunting season! Even less boats on the water and the fishing is on fire!
    ^^^THIS^^^

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I love hunting season and I dont even own a gun. Ill have the lake all to myself.

YEP , cant wait !

+100!!! Don't hunt myself, don't care one bit if other people do though. Just rather fish myself.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

We have a velvet hunt next weekend in Tennessee...can't say that I'm not excited about it...but I can't say that in too excited about being able to go sit in all the mosquitos and bugs and humidity to try and shoot a quality buck that may or may not show himself...plus still not being able to pull that Mathews back just irritates the fire out of me...gonna be another year with the ol crossbow...hate lugging that thing around..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Just got setup with a long vacation at the tail end of bow season...Also getting ready to blow through boxes of shells trying to down some Grouse.....Those things are like fighter jets when they get in the thick stuff..
    It's amazing how grouse know exactly how to separate them from you with a grape vine or a limb.
    They are truly an astounding quarry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast