Thread: PP BLADE INFO

USA PP BLADE INFO

Good mornign all! I am getting ready to purchase a boat an (2018 Z-19) that has 10FT Power pole blades....

I have a couple questions?

1. What is different between these and the other model power poles?
    2. Is 10ft too much on 19ft boat? Seems most have 8ft....
    3. Most folks have 8ft poles, is this due to cost or personal prefenece?
    4. Anything I need to know about the pump or pumps?

Thanks ahead of time!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Nothing you need to know about pumps no, Owners manuals can be downloaded off the Power Pole website. Most choose the 8 foot over the 10 foot, due to garage door height and the actual look of the 8 foot vs the 10 foot. ( some say they are to tall looking). 10 foot will have a little more flex, and some "claim" they dont hold as well. There is alot different about the blade series Vs the other models.. I would be happy to go over that in a PM or call. 10 foot is not too much on a Z19 no.

3. Member
    10ft pokes look friggin goofy. I prefer the 8ft.

4. Member
    Honestly it depends on where you fish. Without the 10 foot I would be at a big disadvantage. Looks? Who cares. If you like the looks of the 8 footers but need 10 footers they become expensive do nothings. Fit in the garage is not a problem you just lower them. So do you know how you are going to us? For example most of the lakes I fish are deep sides lakes. Anything less than 10 footers would be a waste of money.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    10ft pokes look friggin goofy. I prefer the 8ft.
    kinda in the was if you have a co angler.... kinda like fishing in a crowd...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    They are coming on a boat I am purchasing....never had them before, most people who have them where I fish have 8's but I think having the extra of 10s might help...dont know I will fish them and if I dont like them, sell them and get some 8s

7. Joe4d
    I used to live in VA beach,, fished tidal james, Albemarle rivers, occasional kerr or gaston... Deep water means you cant touch bottom with your fishing rod. Probably why u see 8 footers around you.

8. Member
    LOL...true

Not worth selling to buy 8's
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    I have 8ft and ultrex best of both worlds. Order your boat like that you will be happy.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

11. Member
    They are already installed so not an option...lol

12. Member
    I have 10's and love them! I hope you enjoy the hell out of them. And for anyone that says something negative about your blades just tell you will gladly put 8's on your boat as soon as they buy them for you!

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

13. Member
    I would go 10' poles if I could fit them in the garage. I have had four different sets of PP's and the Blades are the best.

14. Member
    Blades are built to be more aerodynamic not sure if its true or not. They are built a little heavier duty as well.

People that say the look bad cuz they look too tall, just say it because they were too much of a wiener to pay the extra money. I think they make your boat look tougher.
    The extra 2 ft comes in handy... The ultrex does not make up for the lack of the extra 2 ft.
    The drawbacks: the clearance for your storage area, just dont forget to lower and raise them when needed. They are more expensive. They are a little heavier and move around more when running hard in rough water.

Since they are on the boat already, run them and then make up your mind on whether to switch. I doubt you would have a hard time finding someone that would trade you 8's for 10's.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    Blades are built to be more aerodynamic not sure if its true or not. They are built a little heavier duty as well.

People that say the look bad cuz they look too tall, just say it because they were too much of a wiener to pay the extra money. I think they make your boat look tougher.
    The extra 2 ft comes in handy... The ultrex does not make up for the lack of the extra 2 ft.
    The drawbacks: the clearance for your storage area, just dont forget to lower and raise them when needed. They are more expensive. They are a little heavier and move around more when running hard in rough water.

Since they are on the boat already, run them and then make up your mind on whether to switch. I doubt you would have a hard time finding someone that would trade you 8's for 10's.
    Its only a 100 per pole upgrade to go from 8's to 10's if you buy through us so the cost diffeence is very minimal.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Its only a 100 per pole upgrade to go from 8's to 10's if you buy through us so the cost diffeence is very minimal.
    I hear ya, but ya know some people are going to nit pick everything.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    I hear ya, but ya know some people are going to nit pick everything.