Anyone used a NFC Delta Blank?

I've got a couple of NFC Delta blanks ordered, has anyone used one of these blanks? If so, what kinda reviews do you have of them? How's their sensitivty? It's probably going to be hunting season before I can get it and fish with it...
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

Interested to hear about these as well. With the sale going now for 65% off two or more blanks, they're very cheap right now!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I know, I was hoping to hear something since I have some on the way!

4. Member
    I have not built on them nor handled them. At 65 per cent off, my opinion is that they are more in line with what the actual price should be. My opinion is they got a deal or had some older stock material to make them. I'm thinking they are built on the same mandrels as the NFC SM, IM, and HM blanks. I am ordering 4 of them to check out myself. I suspect they will be a tad heavier and a little tougher blank than their other high quality line ups. In my opnion they could well be a nice value blank.

5. Member
    I finally received my blanks 2 days ago. They are not sanded but look like good blanks! They're nice and light and the power and action appear to be appropriate. It'll be a few weeks before I get them built and then may be a while longer before I get to use them, but I'm anxious to... Anyone else used any of these blanks?
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I have not built on them nor handled them. At 65 per cent off, my opinion is that they are more in line with what the actual price should be. My opinion is they got a deal or had some older stock material to make them. I'm thinking they are built on the same mandrels as the NFC SM, IM, and HM blanks. I am ordering 4 of them to check out myself. I suspect they will be a tad heavier and a little tougher blank than their other high quality line ups. In my opnion they could well be a nice value blank.
    Totally agree that across the board NFC at 50-65% off of their retail is what the price should actually be. The NFC's in general are very nice blanks. I did build a Delta last year (can't remember the exact model but it was just a 7' 3 power) and though I didn't fish it my impression was that it was a decent blank.

My biggest issue with NFC is their customer service and lead time. The last few blanks I got (some Xrays) took 3 months to get. Right now I'm waiting on some Weibe reel seats that I ordered 8/8. It's a big turn off in terms of using them regularly. In contrast, I ordered some Hydras on Tuesday and they'll be showing up today.

I didn't even know they sold reel seats...

On that note, their website is another problem aside from the lead time. Incredibly slow (which I'm guessing is due to not paying for a dedicated server), lots of incomplete data fields, some downright wrong data fields (I saw a 2 or 3 power blank the other day that was listed with a tip size of 1.6...), very little information aside from pure measurements (you sort of have to decipher the intended purpose of the blank based on the model number, for example), and overall tough to navigate and find what you're looking for.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I didn't even know they sold reel seats...

On that note, their website is another problem aside from the lead time. Incredibly slow (which I'm guessing is due to not paying for a dedicated server), lots of incomplete data fields, some downright wrong data fields (I saw a 2 or 3 power blank the other day that was listed with a tip size of 1.6...), very little information aside from pure measurements (you sort of have to decipher the intended purpose of the blank based on the model number, for example), and overall tough to navigate and find what you're looking for.
    I didn't know either but on the Custom Rod Builder Guild page on FB someone was asking about Weibe reel seats and NFC replied saying they had them so I ordered 10. I've been pulling Weibe's off of old broken Loomis rods for years but they're getting harder to come by. I'm sure I'll get them eventually.