Greetings from Alaska

Made my annual pilgrimage to Alaska, to guide for Salmon and Halibut (or anything else that bites). I hope everyone else is able to get away to some bucket list destinations of their own this summer.

Id really like to hear about some other people's summer travels! Who's got some interesting places they have visited or are going to visit?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nice...very nice...

Went to work in Ketchikan Memorial Day > Labor Day '83, then went to Australia mid-Sept. to mid-Oct. to recuperate. Finally got to where I could sleep about 8 hours a day, after the 30 days in Oz. I'd love to go back to both, without having to work the 100-120 hour weeks in AK. My dream job is guiding for Largemouth in Alaska.

4. Member
    I've heard things that bite in Alaska have wings. That said my Other Half said she stood in the Kenai River and caught Salmon all day long. They do have long days in the Summer.

5. Member
    I just booked a trip to the Nushagak for kings next June. Will be my 28th trip to fish Alaska. All of us old men are getting fat and dying off so never know if this one will be the last. 90000 kings in the river so far this year.

6. Member
    Captain, what's your setup in Alaska? I'm thinking about going back up there in the next couple of years and am curious about the operation you're involved with. You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

7. Member
    In June we drove to southern Utah and visited 5 of the National parks for 2 weeks. Hiked about 100 miles and had a blast.
    Would love to make it bac to Alaska

8. Member
    Hi Mike.

9. Member
    Greatest state .. nice .. was up there last year for a cruise....

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

10. Member
    Always wanted to go. Post up some pictures if you can.

11. Member
    I spent last summer in Alaska, was there last February, and will be going back in November. Great place to visit, mid August to mid September is my favorite time there. My only excitement this summer has been a visit to Albuquerque, NM.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Went to the Bahamas a few weeks ago......wife has been to Bahamas on a cruise but first time to stay at a resort and first time for me go to Bahamas. Enjoyed the trip.

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS