Motorized trailer dollies - Trax 6000 or Park it 360 - suggestions?

It seems that each new boat and truck gets longer every time I upgrade which results in putting the boat in my side entry garage difficult - even with Go jacks. I am looking at motorized trailer dollies as a possible solution.

Does anyone have any experience with the Trax 6000 or Park it 360 motorized trailer dollies? I am also open to other suggestions as well. Thanks

2. Member
    subscribng to this thread

3. Member
    If you have any fabricating skills and a welding machine you can build one of theses for about $500.00. I built one with plans off of ebay.

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index...127/page/2.cfm
    2018 Z520C Ranger Cup / Mercury 250 Pro XS Ser# 2B526947

I have a Power Caster PC - 1 that I use to move my boat. Got it cheap off Craigslist. Works great, wish it were a little faster.

http://www.powercaster.com/power-caster-models/

P01135809

The Parkit has a special ball with some welded nodules as part of a locking collar system. It locks the dolly ball and trailer coupler together and keeps the dolly from driving itself out from under the trailer especially on a hard close to 90 degree turn under a lot of load. I found out how important it was for my situation with a hard turn to take the time to tighten the locking collar. The locking collar will allow the ball to turn axially, but will not allow it to pivot within the coupler. I also keep my trailer jack down and just crank it up enough to clear the ground for a safety net just in case. Mine has a wiring flat connector that turns on my trailer backing lights and disengages the trailer brakes automatically to allow backing. It also has automatic braking anytime it isn't being powered. There is also a braking engagement release that lets you freely roll the Parkit around by hand, which is handy when you need to move it 100ft from your garage out to your boat to hook it up. Otherwise you would have to inch it along under power to get it there. They are expensive, but there is more there than meets the eye, and it will get the job done.

You will not likely have these features on a homemade model, although you may not need it if you are careful, and don't have a slope or near 90 degree turn.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mossie3; 08-17-2018 at 12:06 PM.

I have a Parkit 360 10,000 model I bought from a BBC member after all the back surgeries. Works great, kinda slow for me----- but I'm impatient and like to run wide open

7. Member
    Be very careful on any type of grade. The weight of the boat will push many of these power trailer movers on a down grade. If you have a grade where you need the trailer mover try moving the boat up the grade before you try going down the grade. If you can move it up the grade without loosing traction you might be able to stop it going down the grade. Don't ask how I found this out !!!
    2018 Z520C Ranger Cup / Mercury 250 Pro XS Ser# 2B526947