Thread: New sled

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Falcon F185

New sled

I wasn't sure which boat forum to post this in, so here it is. This is my new East Cape Vantage VHP, made specifically for me. After moving closer to the ocean, I decided it was time to take up saltwater fishing in addition to freshwater fishing, but I didn't want to expose my bass boat to saltwater. So like a few other guys have already done, I had this high performance skiff built and rigged like a bass boat. I was going to get the new Merc 150 Pro XS, but after a long wait and about a month long silence from Mercury, that didn't work out. I opted for the base engine so I wouldn't have to wait another 6 months. I might repower to the new 175 Pro XS when it finally becomes available, but we'll see.

The finish and attention to detail on this boat is unbelievable. I took them paint samples from Home Depot for my colors. They measured me in a boat to decide where to put and how high to make my console, so I can stand or sit while driving. I'm nearly 6' 5", so that was important to me. I could have gotten a side mounted console, or even a tower, if I were into that sort of thing. On the bow, the Ulterra, foot pedal, power pole switches and HDS 12 are on two quick disconnect mounts, so I can leave them at the house if I want to convert it into a beach boat for a family trip. The polling platform is removable and can be left at the house if you're not going to use it. I have underwater LEDs on the transom and interior red LEDs on a dimmer. The keel guard is color matched Line X with the grit removed. Every boat is wet tested and ran on a lake, to make sure everything works properly. I could go on and on...

Going to this boat, I had to give up some things that would be deal breakers for a lot of guys. The biggest drawback is there are no rod boxes, only under gunnel storage for 8 rods total. I figured it's not a big deal, because I only pick up 4 or 5 rods at most in a day anyway, and extras can be stored on the deck.

East Cape only sells direct, not through dealers. When I got there this afternoon to get a glimpse of it right before they closed, it felt like everyone came out to see my reaction to the boat I've been waiting on for what seems like forever. You can really tell with these guys, it's more than about just making and selling boats. It's about making people happy. Stupid happy.

Tomorrow I'm going out for a test run, then I'll be headed back. Saturday I'll be on Clark Hill lake running from dam to dam to get some of the break in out of the way. I'm about as giddy as schoolgirl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by charliecfh; 08-16-2018 at 09:23 PM.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charliecfh View Post
    I wasn't sure which boat forum to post this in, so here it is. This is my new East Cape Vantage VHP, made specifically for me.
    is there supposed to be a pic?? oh and congrats on the new ship
    Last edited by lakefolk; 08-16-2018 at 09:14 PM.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    ^^^Kinda what I thought.

4. Banned
    ... Dan

5. Falcon F185
    Sorry guys, my first pics were too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike198P View Post
    ^^^Kinda what I thought.

Very nice, sharp looking boat
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

7. Member
    That's a sweet boat!

My first time fishing the Louisiana coast this past March...was right before the Elite Redfish series had their TOC at Hopedale. I was impressed at the boats. Very highly specialized for what they do! And, very cool boats!

8. Member

Any chance on you spitting out a ball park number on what something like that would go for ??

It’s ok if you don’t want to

10. Member
    Nice

Benny Rigney

11. Member
    Nice rig, hope it performs well for you.

Good looking boat, you listed sled in the title, I was thinking one of the northern fellers with a new snowmobile...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

13. Member
    I noticed it's black and white. At first it seemed to resemble a police vehicle. The entire rig is either black or white. Very businesslike and interesting.

14. Member

Nice

16. idbefishing
    Awesome boat Charlie, congrats! You keeping the 618?

17. Member
    Dam to Dam is a pretty good run on Clark Hill. Hope you enjoy the trip. Perhaps I will see you.

18. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

19. Member
    Nice boat. Hope you enjoy it.

20. Falcon F185
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Any chance on you spitting out a ball park number on what something like that would go for ??

It’s ok if you don’t want to
    The price is a little less than a 20 or 21' bass boat with a 250 and comparable options. I've been saying this is my midlife crisis boat, so I thought money would be no object, until my wife said otherwise. I'm anxious to hear what she has to say about the midlife crisis F250 I've been eyeing real hard down at the dealer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast