Another Braid to Fluoro Question.

When matching fluoro leaders do yo try to match diameter of leader to braid? For instance if you're using 8lb fluoro leader are you going to use 30lb Power Pro (8lb dia.) Or is it really an issue? I definitely wouldn't use 80lb braid with 8lb leader of course. Just wondering how most pair the two. Thanks.

Really depends on application. Off shore would be 60 lb hollow braid. Then 40 to 60 pound floro treaded up inside the braid to form the leader. In the bass fishing world as a rule of thumb I use heavier braid then my floro leader but not always. My spinning reels are loaded with 10lb braid. Then I use, 10, 8, and 6lb floro leader depending on what I’m doing. This is another advantage of using braid.
    Bait casting reels are loaded with 30 lb braid. Then floro from 20 lb to 12 lb as leader.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8/15 and 10/20 for me. It's not the diameters for me, because I join the two with a Crane swivel so that I don't have to learn any new knots. Especially knots that are difficult to tie without reading glasses. I backed away from using two circle hooks on the lighter DS rod, after having a crazy nasty snarl. I'll still use a jig on the bottom of the heavier DS rod, with a weedless (Texas style) rigged plastic thing above.

4. Member
    It doesn't matter if you use an albright knot. It works very well even if the braid and leader aren't equal in diameter. I usually use a 6 or 7 wrap with thin leaders and a 5 or 6 wrap with thicker leaders.