Looking for advice for a days fishing in NC

I am on holidays with my wife, Sep 10 - 17 but have a free day on 15th & would love to go fishing. Anybody recommend a guide & a good lake within reasonable distance of Lake Lure. I have heard Lake Lure isn`t great, correct?
    Thanks.
    CBM

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Bass Man View Post
    I am on holidays with my wife, Sep 10 - 17 but have a free day on 15th & would love to go fishing. Anybody recommend a guide & a good lake within reasonable distance of Lake Lure. I have heard Lake Lure isn`t great, correct?
    Thanks.
    CBM
    When I lived in Hendersonville, I use to fish the stream that runs through Bat Cave leading to Lake Lure and do well with trout and bass. You can always go fish the Cherokee Reservation waters and get spoiled with stocked trout. Enjoy your visit.

3. Member
    Do a new river float trip for smallies

I would do the new river and hire a guide but I’ve hear lake lure has some big fish in it. Maybe if you hired a guide they could put you on some. Lake James or Fontana would be the 2 closest lakes.

5. Banned
    I'd hit Fontana of the choices close to you. Been there twice and even I caught fish there. Beautiful lake, probably the best scenery of any lake I have been on in my life. You can catch a variety of fish as well. It's been about 8 years since my last trip, so I am no help as to where to go.