Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    My high score on those is 95 by my kids school.....
    I remember that we got one to hit 99...it would not show triple digits. Not in a school zone though.

2. Member
    City of Cary here in North Carolina used to put inflatable police cars on the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BASSBUZZ View Post
    City of Cary here in North Carolina used to put inflatable police cars on the side of the road.
    Around here the put real empty cars.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I think it might have a camera on board as it looked they were hooked to it trying to down load something before moving it ... if so how do you talk you way out of that one to the judge lol .. police lights on it light up and show your speed as you approach it if your speeding
    I know the new ones record everything and have license plate recognition and have the ability to mail you tickets, but KY law here prevents the tickets from being issued. The City of Louisville just took delivery of 9 of them for $80,000.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/.../417-584084660

Strict Kentucky laws prohibit officers from ticketing drivers unless they see the violation first hand.

So you won't get a ticket in the mail with your picture on it but you may see an extra officer on the street if the violations keep happening.

"We're able to put one of these machines out, collect the data and then deploy our resources appropriately. We know where the speeding is occurring and we know where we need to go to focus our enforcement efforts," Schwab said.

This week, the solar panel powered machines will sit in school zones warning drivers to slow down around students.

But in the coming weeks, the machines will find new homes. LMPD plans to deploy them in the city's most problematic speed zones.

They should set those things up so if your going more than 10 over...it automatically does a low grade taze in the the ass of your drivers seat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post

But in the coming weeks, the machines will find new homes. LMPD plans to deploy them in the city's most problematic speed zones.[/I]
    So they need to spend 80k to verify the already known problem areas LOL. Good ole KY.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So they need to spend 80k to verify the already known problem areas LOL. Good ole KY.
    Translation: the city received a state or federal grant and needed to blow the money on something.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kandybass View Post
    probably paying cash for a new Ranger while updating his Fecebook status about it
    Probably shopping interest rates.

9. Banned
    Well the kicker is that since the machines can't write tickets, the machines CAN tell them which vehicles are repeat offenders so they can set traps for them.....kind of like Roscoe P. Coltrane trying to trap them Duke boys all the time.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    Translation: the city received a state or federal grant and needed to blow the money on something.
    Lot of truth to that! Marshall County KY did that with the stupid Sheriff's boat they got a grant for through homeland security........it's only out there on Kentucky Lake during the week from like 10 am to 2 pm, it's never out there when it NEEDS to be out there, like on the weekends.

11. Member
    The ones here now say Thank You! when you pass by under the posted speed limit. I wonder if that's a southern thing?

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDim View Post
    Hard to believe someone ran it over considering Massachusetts is known for it’s driving skills.
    Good one coming from Florida and a guy who whines he can’t park without someone hitting it

13. Member
    A good friend of mine was remodeling a property he bought to turn it into a gun shop. He had a large construction dumpster about half full of sheet rock and floor covering materials. A cop friend of ours came into the shop while were were moving some machines into the workshop, and told us a hilarious tale from the night before.

911 received a call from a female driver claiming she'd been hit at an intersection while stopped and needed assistance. Police arrived to find a car, disabled, against the construction dumpster. Officer knocked on the window and asked female if she called 911. Female said "yeah, that guy hit me". The officer explained to the female that she was the one who hit the "vehicle" in front of her, but the "vehicle" was actually a very large dumpster that was parked against the curb. That's when he started conducting a field sobriety test. She failed.

Pushed the dumpster that was sitting on the road about 18"
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

15. Member

Town I live in received a fed grant years ago and put a road in the middle of no where's. It can not be accessed and dead ends along the banks of a river. Only good thing is it doesn't require maintaining.

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    The boot hung in there.

Like roaches after an atomic blast.
    Who controls John Gill?

17. Member
    I love it when they put one exactly 1/4 mile from a stop sign

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Good one coming from Florida and a guy who whines he can’t park without someone hitting it
    I see what you did there, I thought I was the only one to call him that.

19. Member
    I had one say "too fast" once. I was maybe 30 over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12