Thread: Frustrated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frustrated

Anyone else getting frustrated with Mercury. Trying to purchase a 175 Pro XS from Juco and it seems Mercury is giving the sales manager the run around. They cant seem to give her a delivery timeline.

2. Member
    Yes. . . For sure

With a 48 week lead time on some models, there's no way they can promise anything to anyone

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pretty straightforward- at this time, you're looking at March (or later), unless a dealer has one sitting on the floor, or has already ordered one just to have it.

Lots of factors at play there- but there are a LOT of orders pending that have to be filled.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994RANGER482 View Post
    Anyone else getting frustrated with Mercury. Trying to purchase a 175 Pro XS from Juco and it seems Mercury is giving the sales manager the run around. They cant seem to give her a delivery timeline.
    I called there yesterday and spoke with Theresa. She said she was expecting a 175 pro XS and a 225 or 250 extra long shaft soon. I not sure where you are on the list but she did tell me mercury told her she was def getting those 2 motors.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vjohn05 View Post
    I called there yesterday and spoke with Theresa. She said she was expecting a 175 pro XS and a 225 or 250 extra long shaft soon. I not sure where you are on the list but she did tell me mercury told her she was def getting those 2 motors.
    The 175 Teresa has coming in is spoken for. The buyer has been waiting since March. Hopefully they ship her another one soon.

7. Member
    I'm praying it's not March. I have a reed issue on my current motor and don't want to dump more money in it. Right now it wont go above 2200 RPMs or 7.5 MPH. I'm doing my best still using it for tournaments.

I paid for my 225 in May from Theresa at Jacos. It is arriving in Ca today she received it last week. The wait is long but Theresa is great. I cant wait to hear it run. Mercury is way behind on their orders. Hope that its everything they are claiming it to be.
    05 Triton TR20X 225 Optimax

9. Member
    Theresa is great. I bought my 250r from jaco's. she does all she can do to help. she can't help when mercury can't produce to match demand.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind that they are not a BBC Sponsor.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    yup i was told march on 175 proxs and 250 proxs 4 stroke...going to be a while..

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I've got a good friend that ordered a 175 4 stroke in March, they told him August I haven't asked if was here yet. I guess I need to shoot him a text and see if he's got it yet.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I know the one I ordered in March just built this week.

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Just heard from my friend, he ordered his March 28th from the dealer in Anderson he was told 18 weeks so it should be close to time.

I understand everyone wants there toys right now but I’d try to be realistic. Thye released a new product and demand is high. If they had waited to build up a ton of stock before selling any, then people would be complaining about that and probably making up a bunch of rumors about how there must be a problem or they would not be holding them back. Also, financially, they it makes little sense for them to leave stock sitting around waiting or to tool up for a shott term demand that likely won’t be sustained. In in the end, this makes the product more affordable.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

16. mikesxpress
    Paid in full for my 4.6L 250 PRO XS at Jaco's when ordering opened. Paying in full secures your order and locks in your place in line. Engine was received by my local dealer July 23. Engine manufacturing date Feb 2018. Sold after July 1st program start makes it a 2019 engine.

Keep in mind the boat OEM'S are going to get them 1st as that's the high volume consumer. Large retailers like Jaco's next. The local marine dealers for repowers last.

17. Member

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Keep in mind that they are not a BBC Sponsor.

18. Member
    I’m #5 on jacos list for a 250, they have only received 4 to date. Teresa said they aren’t expecting anymore 250’s until sometime in September, and merc just had a price increase on them....

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Paid in full for my 4.6L 250 PRO XS at Jaco's when ordering opened. Paying in full secures your order and locks in your place in line. Engine was received by my local dealer July 23. Engine manufacturing date Feb 2018. Sold after July 1st program start makes it a 2019 engine.

Keep in mind the boat OEM'S are going to get them 1st as that's the high volume consumer. Large retailers like Jaco's next. The local marine dealers for repowers last.
    That's actually not correct on "order of orders"... but I bet I know where you heard that from.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I know the one I ordered in March just built this week.
    And that 175 is here already- will be rigging it up later this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast