Motor Mounting Bolts Torque Spec Optimax 225

Does anyone know the correct torque spec for the 4 motor mounting bolts to the jack plate? Also, is there a correct way for the bolts to be put in (from inside out or outside in)?

2. Member
    Check FAQ for torque specifications. Install the bolts the same way as they were before you removed them.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Check FAQ for torque specifications. Install the bolts the same way as they were before you removed them.
    I wasn’t the one who removed them initially and I think they may have been installed backwards. I’m moving my motor back to its original mounting holes

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The most important thing is that you use the CORRECT bolts, the SPECIAL hardened and sized washers, and the brass FIND thread nylock nuts.

On Optimax Models, orient the bolt direction to make it possible to torque from the NUT end. Often, that's upper bolts facing FRONT, lower bolts facing AFT.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor