Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

New Bass Boat Prices"Is this where we are now?"

So im in the market of shopping for a new boat. Id like it to have what my old one does, but everything out there is 50 to 80k? Am I the only one that thinks we have priced the weekend angler out of this equation now?
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

Nope, plenty of weekend anglers buying new boats.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Banned
    yes

4. Member
    Im just staing that I believe 60-80k for a bass boat is CRAZY. Your financing 6-8k of electronics that have a shelf life of less than 5 years? Im just amazed weve come this far.

5. Member
    I believe you can go under 50k in a new boat that is under 20 feet.

6. Banned
    Yes the prices are insane, but short of the biggest financial meltdown in history, they won’t be getting any cheaper. Used boat market only gets higher too because of the new boat prices.

7. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Nope, plenty of weekend anglers buying new boats.
    Those aren't weekend anglers. Those are "wannabe" pro's.

The weekend anglers buy it from them after 3-5 years.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

8. Member
    Unfortunately you are right, I think they price most people out of the new boat market. Many cannot or are not willing to pay the high price of a new boat, meanwhile there are many that will and are willing to finance an 80k boat. Let’s be honest, while there are people that can pay cash for a new boat, they represent a very small portion of boat buyers. If you could count the number of new boats at a lake on a certain day and then ask yourself if that many people have 50-80k in cash lying around as disposable income, the answer is no. The market drives the price, the good news is you don’t have to buy new or finance a boat, you can save up money and buy a good used one and save a bunch. Things are good now but if we were to see a recession, and someday we will, that’s when the boating industry will take a very hard hit such as it did in the mid to late 2000’s. Until then boats will only climb in price, if you run out and buy a new boat every couple of years then you contribute to the problem, that being said, you only live once and if you have the means then go for it, I would.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Im just staing that I believe 60-80k for a bass boat is CRAZY. Your financing 6-8k of electronics that have a shelf life of less than 5 years? Im just amazed weve come this far.
    Order your boat without them and then add them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Those aren't weekend anglers. Those are "wannabe" pro's.

The weekend anglers buy it from them after 3-5 years.

I couldn’t disagree more...
    Work hard, play harder. Nothing wrong with buying new. Just because someone wants a new boat doesn’t make them a wanna be. If one can afford it and it suits their needs buy it.
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    5 years? I wish... outdated in 2 maybe 3 usually. Im going the repower route, as a new boat is out of the question for me. My gel is perfect , powerpoles, latest electronics console and bow, Ultrex up front. new carpet, seats , wheels, tires, winch, batteries charger etc. Does everything I want it to do and its paid for. No 650 to 800 a month payment for me. I Can't do it the BBC way and pay cash..

12. Member
    Same reason i dont buy a new truck ever. I buy one 1 or 2 yrs old, low miles, and no initial hit. My latest truck is bad ass and instead of 59k sticker, its a 17 with 11k miles on ot for 35k that books at 42k. Lol. Same thing with boats. Get one 3yrs old and save close to 15k easy.

13. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
    I couldn’t disagree more...
    Work hard, play harder. Nothing wrong with buying new. Just because someone wants a new boat doesn’t make them a wanna be. If one can afford it and it suits their needs buy it.
    Yeah, I was being a "little" sarcastic.
    We have MANY weekend anglers with $50k boats around here.
    You only live once. If you love to fish and you can squeeze it in the budget, then get it!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

its nuts for the price of a new one. I bought a new boat in 2007 was 19'8" with a 225 Yami HPDI and it was $45k was one of the more top of the line boats then.
    now you can barely touch an 18' boat for that and 20' and 21' boats good luck on getting new for less that 60k with any kind of options

Financially, the worst thing anyone could do is buy a new boat. But we are human and in this day and age, people get what they want because of credit. Nothing wrong with that, just means everyone is different.

I am with the OP though, prices are out of control for boats in general. I would love to get a new boat....but I want to retire before I get to 60 too. Unfortunately I don't make enough dough :(

If you have it, spend it.

16. Member
    I also have a fully updated older boat that I currently own, I was just researching and sniffing at possibly selling old boat which I own and is fantastic, I just wasn't that aware that to replace what I own cost that much these days.
    I also agree that if I do proceed I will order boat and motor only and fit my own troll motor,batteries,electronics and such as that Im not paying interest on stuff that wont be on it when Im still paying lol.

Current Boat
    1987 Superchamp
    wet sanded & buffed
    new carpet and seats
    2-hds12 gen 2's
    hot foot (new )
    recess troll tray
    80lb Motorguide Xi5
    new lights and leds
    hydraulic steering and trim lever
    new full rebuilt 2.5 efi
    new trim and jack plate
    4 batts and 2-2 bank charger with perko switch
    new windshield
    new deck insert custom
    all new pumps and auto bilge system

Like I said I love my boat just entertaining the idea of going new, but man to replace what Ive done for 12k cost 60k now lol

17. Member
    This is very true bass boat prices are out of control. They have gone up way more then core inflation!!! Core inflation is about 2% and Bass boats have gone up way more then that over the last 20 years. Perfect example When I bought my 1996 bass boat the boat was $19,800 brand new and the truck that towed it was $30,800 same year. This year I bought a new truck and boat and the boat was over $70,000"PHOENIX" and the truck that tows it $36,318 "Tacoma d cab 4x4 v6". So over the same time period the truck went up 18% and the boat went up over 150%!!! Some guys say that it is because the boat electronics have changed so much but that is not the case because the trucks that tow them also have GPS, smart start, pre collision sensors, wireless charging it's endless in the truck changes just as much as the boats.

18. Member
    Yes absolutely
    The fact that my HDS gen 2 was 3400 new and I bought when gen 3 came out I got them for 2400(Both of them yes) the gen 3 was 3500 and now its selling for 1700 and carbons are 3500 all in less than 3 years? Absolutely R I D ickulas lol.
    I priced the new Charger 198 elite bone stock no options with 225 pro xs 4s..............$56,000 with zero options, heck when Champion sold that boat it was 30k?????? 9k for graphs and 18k for motor? All I can say is guess Im lookin at Nitros?
    Same size with standard and motor upgrade 34k

19. Banned
    Yeah don’t be shocked when you price a bare bones boat with no graphs and no trolling motor, that it’s not msrp cheaper. It’s nothing other than a shell game with these things. They are going to make a bottom line number, no matter what you put on it.

20. Member
    I kicked around upgrading from my 07 P2 last year but after looking at the cost of a new one just decided to do some upgrades instead. Ended up putting about $7K into it between the past two years with an Ultrex, Lithiums and new graphs along with changing my original PP pump motors from wired to Cmonster and it was a great decision. My boat still looks good, only has around 400 hours and other than the console is essentially the same boat as a brand new P2.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast