Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I just don’t get the perspective that some have where they feel they can justify judging others for having something that they themselves cannot. Is it just simple jealousy? Does it make them feel inferior? These are honest questions not intended to be insults. Some form of this question comes up almost continually. If not boat prices it’s trucks or houses or anything else. Sometimes is cracks made at guys in faster boats with faster being pretty much any speed greater than what the guy making the post can achieve. Or it’s the guy that says he gets the same understand of the lake bottom with a jig as the guys that have HD imaging.

How about everyone quit worrying so much about the other guy and go fish? If you keep focusing on what everyone else has, you’ll never enjoy what you have. And let me tell you, if you have the luxury of going online to complain about how someone else’s bass boat compares to yours, you have a lot to enjoy.
    100%. You nailed and put a final stamp on this thread. Pure fact!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I love that we have guys buying new it makes me a person that doesn’t want to spend money on new to have a newer what ever for less,So yes keep buying please!

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    They get those prices because they can. For a while they were blaming the cost on petroleum. Never did believed that. Now we get boats that have blisters on the hull, stress cracks etc. I’d think for the price one has to pay for a new boat that it would be perfect in every way. They expect us to pay the price they ask the consumer should expect nothing less than perfect.

why are pleasure boats so much cheaper than a bass boat?

repower is the way to go. Really the only thing to change in boats is interior layout. Saltwater guys have been repowering rigs forever. If you have a rig you like and plan on keeping it why not.

4. Member
    One thing about boats is they are not necessarily like cars or trucks. If taken care of they can last forever. Yes requires some maintenance but can last a long time. My dad bought a new ranger in 2003. It was a 618 fisherman and not made anymore or even close like it. He bought it on a 15 year loan but paid it off in 2012. Still has the boat and it still works and fishes today as good as the day he bought it. I bought my 15 119c in may of 15 for 56k. I financed 45k on a 15 year note. The payment is cheap. I get to use my boat about 6 to 7 months depending on ice out. During the winter I don’t spend money on fuel or pulling it to the lake. I make double payments. I have 9 years left and will pay it off in another 5. I use it and get to enjoy what I love to do. You don’t get that time back. I could have got the 520 or 521 and spent 75k but I would of never been able to pay it off before 15 years. My boat will be 9 years old when paid off but will still be just as good as the day I bought it and I will cherish it just as much. For each person it’s different. I for one am glad I was able to get a long term note. And yes I understood the cost of interest and depreciation. For me the cost of what I pay on boat payments is the disposable income I have and am more than willing to pay to do what I love.

Inhave friends that that say to me man your rich. You have a newer truck bought a new boat own a nice camper and a house. I’m only 30. They don’t have a penny to there name but make almost what I do. They spend what I spend a year fishing on boos and other forms of entertainment. A couple of my friends spend 5k a year for a week in Vegas. I spend that a year owning my boat and I get a lot more enjoyment out of it than a week in Vegas. It’s all on what you choose to spend your money on.

When my wife and I bought our camper I told her she had to decide on more weekend getaways doing other things or spending our summer at the lake. We make our choices. You can’t do it all but a matter of what do you choose for yourself.

why are pleasure boats so much cheaper than a bass boat?
    Because they don't have electronics and other stuff on them.

Think about how much money is tied up in these rigs we have. 70k trucks towing 70k boats, rolling down the highway with 5-10k of equipment in the lockers and at least 75 gallons of gas between the 2. Maybe a coke and a bag of chips in the cab. Heck a little more then my first home.

Life is expensive, I applaud anyone who can afford a new boat and truck, and a huge house, for making decisions in life to be able to afford it. I don't care if u financed it for 30 years, u got it, and good for u.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I just don’t get the perspective that some have where they feel they can justify judging others for having something that they themselves cannot. Is it just simple jealousy? Does it make them feel inferior? These are honest questions not intended to be insults. Some form of this question comes up almost continually. If not boat prices it’s trucks or houses or anything else. Sometimes is cracks made at guys in faster boats with faster being pretty much any speed greater than what the guy making the post can achieve. Or it’s the guy that says he gets the same understand of the lake bottom with a jig as the guys that have HD imaging.

How about everyone quit worrying so much about the other guy and go fish? If you keep focusing on what everyone else has, you’ll never enjoy what you have. And let me tell you, if you have the luxury of going online to complain about how someone else’s bass boat compares to yours, you have a lot to enjoy.
    Definitely could be some jealousy involved with the criticism and smart alec remarks.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-21-2018 at 04:54 PM.

7. Member
    I bought a 1993 Gambler 206 because I always wanted one. Couple guys had them that fished a series of tournaments and I always thought they were badass looking. I ended up finding mine in VA headed down with the cash I had saved up paid 6k. Before I made it home I had bought 5 all new tires when I got home I then spent 1500 to get the 225 to run. I'm not jealous of my friends who have had or own nice Tritons, Legends, and Rangers I always compliment how nice they are. My boat doesn't even have bow electronics and still needs a list of things but I make it work.
    1993 Gambler 206

8. Member
    I just watch Major League Fishing MLF and I feel better about my "Entry Level" boat!!!!!

Just kidding, I don't give 2 poops what people think,, really!!!!

I am glad people go and buy the "expensive" boats!,,,because I always buy used and they take the resale hit.

Thank goodness for people with money that can afford them!!! They worked hard to get there dream boat!!!

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Power Poles are $2100 each
    not if you buy them from me...

10. Member
    To honest there is no reason other then the fact that we pay the high prices that Bass boats cost what they do. There is no logic that the truck towing the boat costs about 50% of the price. The truck is a v6 or a v8 the boat is a 4cyl,v6 or v8. They both have navigation now days. The list of other technology in the tow vehicle is endless over what is in the boat. The boat costing more then double the price of the tow vehicle is insane!!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    To honest there is no reason other then the fact that we pay the high prices that Bass boats cost what they do. There is no logic that the truck towing the boat costs about 50% of the price. The truck is a v6 or a v8 the boat is a 4cyl,v6 or v8. They both have navigation now days. The list of other technology in the tow vehicle is endless over what is in the boat. The boat costing more then double the price of the tow vehicle is insane!!!!
    There are not 17.5million boats sold in the US a year..for one thing.

12. Member
    So im in the market of shopping for a new boat. Id like it to have what my old one does, but everything out there is 50 to 80k? Am I the only one that thinks we have priced the weekend angler out of this equation now?
    I Totally agree with you, but as long as there is someone willing to pay that price it will never go down.

13. Member
    So im in the market of shopping for a new boat. Id like it to have what my old one does, but everything out there is 50 to 80k? Am I the only one that thinks we have priced the weekend angler out of this equation now?
    Definitely not, why in the world does a weekend angler need a brand new 20-21' fiberglass 50-80K bass rig to fish on the weekend? There are plenty options that are far cheaper for example, aluminum, used glass boats and smaller new glass boats.

14. Member
    Over the past couple years I have put new carpet (padded), new seats and a new 175 Omax on my 06 Ranger. I have a new boat now for about 15k.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

What difference or why does it matter to everyone? If an individual wants a new rig that cost 70k so what. It’s not your right to judge or rant.

It’s pure jealousy point blank.

Their judging everyone based on their personal and financial situation.
    Boat manufacturers are feeding off demand. If prospected buyers or market demands want, need a 21’ with all the bells and whistles that drive cost up to 70k thats what will be keyed upon.

Demand, technology has and will continue to drive up prices regardless of product.
    Last edited by chrisansilver; 08-22-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

I agree , my boat is going on 8 years old and don’t have any desire to have a new boat . But I don’t blame anyone for getting one .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    There are not 17.5million boats sold in the US a year..for one thing.
    Yep...We mass produce vehicles...My plant makes over 2000 transmissions a day an assembly plant will pump out around 1 truck a minute....Boat assembly isn't that far advanced because the demand isn't there...All of that tooling for auto assembly is over the top expensive...Around a million bucks per machine..Autos can make that up with volume, boat manufacturers cant...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
    What difference or why does it matter to everyone? If an individual wants a new rig that cost 70k so what. It’s not your right to judge or rant.

It’s pure jealousy point blank.
    Nonsense. The OP's post is about why a new boat has to cost $50k plus. It doesn't. You can easily purchase a 17, 18 and possibly a 19' (if you scrimp on the electronics) for under that amount. You start losing control on the pricing when you start adding large screen fishfinders, power poles and very expensive trolling motors.
    You don't need 12 or 15" fishfinders to successfully catch bass. Or power poles or even trolling motors that can automatically hold you on a spot to catch bass.

Their judging everyone based on their personal and financial situation.
    Boat manufacturers are feeding off demand. If prospected buyers or market demands want, need a 21’ with all the bells and whistles that drive cost up to 70k thats what will be keyed upon.

Demand, technology has and will continue to drive up prices regardless of product.
    Correct. Bass boat pricing is pretty linear until you go above a 19 foot boat, then the cost per foot skyrockets. The perception is, I want to bass fish, I need at least a 20 foot boat with some big fishfinders and power poles. Boats under 20' are termed "entry level" boats. Thumb through a Bassmaster magazine and all you see are ads for 20 and 21' boats. The illusion is created and folks are going deep into debt to get that boat that the pro's use.

I could care less. If that's how you want to spend your money it doesn't matter to me. What you're perceiving as jealousy towards your big boat or multiple big screen fishfinders is more amazement at someone spending that much money just to go bass fishing. Especially when you can be just as successful for thousands less.

You shouldn’t worry, there again it’s not for anyone to judge. It comes down to what we as individuals want.
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Yes boats are expensive, to each his own.
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast