Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Anyone read the opening thread here? I quote " new boat that has what I already own for less than 50-80?
    The answer is still no. Everyone all bent up on 20k-30k boats that dont even have what mine does? If I bought a Z18 (basic) yes its 30k, but add the Xi5, 2-12" hds, hot foot, blinker trim, jack plate, leds, and on and on and on you cannot and i repeat cannot replace new for under that number. Yes everyones definition is diffenrent I agree, but that wasnt the question. Why would anyone revert backwards to a hook 5 from 2-12's? Thats ridiculous.
    If you already own ll the accessories why not install them on a new boat?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Exactly!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    It looks and feels real cool to have all the fancy chit till one day you calculate how much each fish is costing you per year. You'll all get there :) Just takes time time to realize how crazy expensive this tournament bass fishing 'look like a pro' game is
    I don't tournament fish and don't care about "looking like a pro." I like the convenience and comfort that a lot of accessories bring and it makes a day on the water more enjoyable. Calculating a "per fish" cost makes no sense and I don't see how it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    It looks and feels real cool to have all the fancy chit till one day you calculate how much each fish is costing you per year. You'll all get there :) Just takes time time to realize how crazy expensive this tournament bass fishing 'look like a pro' game is
    No, not everyone thinks like you do.

I bought a 2005 Ranger 185 DVS with 150 Yamaha. 18'5" - Apparently I bought a beginners boat! Oh well, it only cost me $13k and its in great shape and does all I need it to!
    2005 Ranger 185DVS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wkndanglr View Post
    I started counting boats on the for sale page that have been posted over the last 3-4 months that are either 2017 or '18 models listed for sale that are not dealer names or tour level pros that I recognize. I stopped when I got to 100 and still had a lot of brands to go. I need educated on how folks are doing this. There cant be that many memo notes or promo staff deals out there, are there? Even if people are trading owned boats and rolling equity, I would think by the 2nd-3rd boat that equity is wiped out or financing is upside down at 1st year depreciation rates.
    It's because a lot of people like to maintain warranty on their motors especially. It may cost 10K in lost equity to do it every couple or few years but to some the peace of mind is worth it. Lose a lower unit outside of warranty and you could be looking at a 5K+ bill etc etc etc, some rather pay upfront and maintain new/newer covered rather than take hits as things age and fail down the line.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post

You even read the thread?.......I will install my own graphs,troll motor and such. No Manufactures sell boats without items as quoted before over and over. All base models come with base accessories. Unless Charger, Basscat, Ranger, Nitro all lied to me on the phone and sent me quotes? So let me post again. You cannot replace what you own in a 18-19' FIBERGLASS new boat for under 30k. If yall know one who will then please post a contact and I will gladly jump all over it.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    You even read the thread?.......I will install my own graphs,troll motor and such. No Manufactures sell boats without items as quoted before over and over. All base models come with base accessories. Unless Charger, Basscat, Ranger, Nitro all lied to me on the phone and sent me quotes? So let me post again. You cannot replace what you own in a 18-19' FIBERGLASS new boat for under 30k. If yall know one who will then please post a contact and I will gladly jump all over it.
    Most manufactures if not all have a base model and then you can upgrade electronics , trolling motor,,etc...

What you are talking about is options. And you will pay for those options! Not everyone wants what options you have.

So yes you CAN get a new boat for around 30k.

9. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Boat prices are what they are because that’s what people are willing to pay. I’ll never buy a new boat. But, if I did I would expect nothing less than perfection. If a carpet fiber was sticking up I’d take it back to have it trimmed. Boat manufacturers expect people
    to pay these rediculous prices why not expect absolute perfection.

There is NO reason for a fishing boat to cost that much other than greed in my opinion.

electronics are the same way. But if people would just use their old stuff and quit updating every time one comes out with a new button on it maybe they would stop and think about their greedy prices. I know everyone wants the latest and greatest but sometimes I think we can get by with what worked just fine yesterday.

just my opinion

10. Member
    If anything graph prices have dropped.

A Lowrance 7inch LCX-28C was around $1000

A Lowrance LCX113C HD with a whopping 10inch screen was over $2000

And this was for Sonar and GPS mapping only...no StructureScan back then.

11. Member
    Saw an article lately that only 6000 new fiberglass bass boats are sold each year. So since the market is so small its much easier to raise prices for those that will pay than to drop prices and sell more.
    It's a catch 22 problem. More people need to buy boats to bring more price competition but fewer can afford to play each year that prices rise.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokyangler View Post
    Saw an article lately that only 6000 new fiberglass bass boats are sold each year. So since the market is so small its much easier to raise prices for those that will pay than to drop prices and sell more.
    It's a catch 22 problem. More people need to buy boats to bring more price competition but fewer can afford to play each year that prices rise.

I would have to think that a large percentage of these new boats go to the FLW & B.A.S.S. guys, followed by the sponsored semi pro (guides included).

I’d like to see what the number would be if everyone had to pay full retail on a new boat, no sponsorship discount.

14. Member
    between the 1990s and 2010 time frame boats improve a great deal. Wider, more storage, recessed foot trays, hotfoot, USB chargers and so forth. Many of the boats made since 2010 meet my needs and I think I will simply upgrade motor, trailer, accessories, etc instead of buying new next time. I don't see innovations I care about on 2019 models
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

15. Member
    only one more new boat in my future but right now im extremely tickled with my z521c 250 pro xs hell I may even keep her for good 2014 pre JM boat

16. Member
    It’s not like a Lowrance paper graph, paper, and stylus was exactly cheap back in the day. I was making due with a Super 30 while others were sporting paper graphs. Not much has changed, well I guess griping about prices on the internet has changed LOL.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokyangler View Post
    The bass boat market is too small, period. It's basically a proprietary boat. Lowering the price by 30% and selling 7000 units makes no sense for a manufacturer, and would not be sustainable.
    If sales were 60,000 units instead of 6000, production economies of scale would kick in and the prices could drop considerably.
    Last edited by Nova Kaw 650; 10-14-2018 at 07:21 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    The bass boat market is too small, period.
    If sales were 60,000 units instead of 6000, production economies of scale would kick in and the prices could drop considerably.
    Like prices on half ton trucks have? Consumers drive this train. When consumers decide they are tired of paying THEN manufacturers will find a way. We might like that way, but rest assured they will find a way to deliver or there will be no more choices.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Like prices on half ton trucks have? Consumers drive this train. When consumers decide they are tired of paying THEN manufacturers will find a way. We might like that way, but rest assured they will find a way to deliver or there will be no more choices.
    Bass boats and trucks are an apples-and-oranges comparison.
    Car manufacturers drop the price by 10-15 thousand when they have promotions running, but people often won't wait a few months for this to happen.
    And it's market driven; whatever people are willing to pay is the price.
    The very limited volume of bass boats guarantees that the price has to stay up for the manufacturer to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yes the prices are insane, but short of the biggest financial meltdown in history, they won’t be getting any cheaper. Used boat market only gets higher too because of the new boat prices.
    Where did the de-regulation go? I'd think that would help the bass boat industry to be more competitive.

50-80k weekend angler is the target audience? To me, then the strategy has changed to selling fewer boats to those that can afford or willing pay as a weekend angulars. I'd like to see the numbers of new boats being sold today vs 10 years ago. That would be interesting to know.

The demographics seems to be changing for today's bass boat angler. No way a household income in the 80-120k range can justify a 70k bass boat. The numbers don't add up. I'm a bit above that demographic and hell no will I ever spend 60k for a bass boat on top of a 45k and up truck.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast