Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Price is $66,925.00.

Since it only has one graph and a trolling motor that would be possibly the highest under 20 foot base price on the market. Maybe it would vary a little from dealer to dealer.
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-16-2018 at 05:15 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Charger 198 Elite CX the base model Boat,Trailer and 225 Pro Xs is $56,495.
    I talked to Charger yesterday and had estimate sent over. Very steep IMO but love the boat. Fully rigged mid to high 60's
    I want to purchase one but every boat company is pricing guys like me out of a new boat. Its ridiculous.
    Just to get somewhat of a comparison I called Caleblas to get a price on a decently loaeded Ranger 519. It was $54,000. And they had a rebate of $3,000 going on making it $51,000. It was a 2018. I asked what would a 2019 cost with the same opinions and he said around $60,000. I guess Ranger no longer has the highest priced boats on the market.

3. Member
    The lids inside the storage box are removable. Those boxes are extremely deep. I think the idea behind the lids inside is to give you the option of keeping your tackle up higher where it's easier to get to. If you carry a ton of stuff, you can remove them to utilize the entire capacity of the center storage box.
    I think it's a nice feature because it is a pain in the ass to reach down to the bottom of those center boxes. It looks like you could stack two layers(upright on their edges) of 3700 boxes in there with the internal lids removed. Ridiculously deep storage. To each their own, I guess.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    The lids inside the storage box are removable. Those boxes are extremely deep. I think the idea behind the lids inside is to give you the option of keeping your tackle up higher where it's easier to get to. If you carry a ton of stuff, you can remove them to utilize the entire capacity of the center storage box.
    I think it's a nice feature because it is a pain in the ass to reach down to the bottom of those center boxes. It looks like you could stack two layers(upright on their edges) of 3700 boxes in there with the internal lids removed. Ridiculously deep storage. To each their own, I guess.

Defintely the deepest storage of any boat in it’s class on the market.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post

Deeper than a real 198?

6. Member
    the center box was made for storage on bottom them most used rods on top with the doors to make it look good

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I just don’t get the rods over the tackle boxes but if it works for some perfect.
    I like how Legend did theirs where you can get to the rods and get to the tackle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 08-16-2018 at 08:10 PM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I just don’t get the rods over the tackle boxes but if it works for some perfect.
    I like how Legend did theirs where you can get to the rods and get to the tackle.

Now thats pretty nice, first time I’ve seen that layout. Only reason I’d be interested in rods over the boxes is because a person could put their trusty used everytime standbys in it. But it would be a pita for tackle tinkering. I’m really digging that legend setup.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I could see center rod storage if that is where you put the rods you were going to use that day, so that you'd get them out on the deck and out of the way of the tackle. Unfortunately, I don't make that decision until I'm at my first stop ... .

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I could see center rod storage if that is where you put the rods you were going to use that day, so that you'd get them out on the deck and out of the way of the tackle. Unfortunately, I don't make that decision until I'm at my first stop ... .
    And usally in my case I chose wrong!

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Same here ...

12. Member
    I have a Legend V-20 right now and love the center storage and the many other things about it. I’m getting rid of it soon and am looking hard at Charger. Due in large part to SMI Marine now being a Charger dealer. Those guys are the best in the business and have gone above and beyond for me on many occasions to the point where I personally won’t buy a boat from anybody else.

Im looking at the 797 and the 210. I’ve sat in the 210 but I really need to see a 797 in person and go for a ride!

As as far as the Ranger prices goes that $3k rebate goes directly to the chiropractor. And that’s not going to be nearly enough over the long haul.

13. Member

I have a Legend V-20 right now and love the center storage and the many other things about it. I’m getting rid of it soon and am looking hard at Charger. Due in large part to SMI Marine now being a Charger dealer. Those guys are the best in the business and have gone above and beyond for me on many occasions to the point where I personally won’t buy a boat from anybody else.

Im looking at the 797 and the 210. I’ve sat in the 210 but I really need to see a 797 in person and go for a ride!

As as far as the Ranger prices goes that $3k rebate goes directly to the chiropractor. And that’s not going to be nearly enough over the long haul.

14. Member

15. Banned
    One more time... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robert m View Post
    the center box was made for storage on bottom them most used rods on top with the doors to make it look good
    Robert M., you did a GREAT job on this boat build. In my opinion, from pictures I've seen-not seen a 198 in person yet, the layout of the 210 and 198 is PERFECT! Everything from back deck to front deck and especially the DEEP front deck center rod box with storage under rods-PERFECT! Can't wait to see a 198 in person to really check out. From what I've seen, WILL be my next and probably last boat. Just waiting for Yamaha to get the SHOs caught back up. But, so far hearing good things about the new Mercury 4 strokes-time will tell. Probably will be late Winter or next Spring before I'm ready to take the plunge. Have guys lining up to buy my Ranger. Once again, GREAT job!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Yep because now you can finance for 10-years. Who in the heck is buying these things. Way way over priced same as trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Charger 198 Elite CX the base model Boat,Trailer and 225 Pro Xs is $56,495.
    I talked to Charger yesterday and had estimate sent over. Very steep IMO but love the boat. Fully rigged mid to high 60's
    I want to purchase one but every boat company is pricing guys like me out of a new boat. Its ridiculous.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    Yep because now you can finance for 10-years. Who in the heck is buying these things. Way way over priced same as trucks.

Lol, now you can finance them for 20 YEARS!

19. Member
    Now they are pushing high end Aluminum boats at 35000 to 50000 for those of us who purchased glass boats for 40 years and were gradually priced out of the market as glass went to 60000 plus.

20. Member
    I bought a 186 Charger with a 150 back in 1997 brand new for $18,500. If you factor in inflation, that's still less than $30k in todays market. The price difference is the boats are bigger now. Bigger motors, bigger trolling motor, bigger trailer, batteries and so on... Like TOC has said before, these boats have over $20k in options on them! It's not right, but obviously there are a lot of people making more money than Mikey.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast