08 20i livewell fill problem

Heyo...could def use some advice from my fellow 20i owners...

Last few years, I would have intermittent issues with both livewells "fill" function. The fill button on the DMS would stay lit, but the pump would shut down. If I threw the engine into forward or reverse, the pumps would pop back on. I thought I had air bubbles, weak pumps, cavitation in the pumps, whatever.

Last month, I finally replaced both fill pumps, with the exact same gph and amp rating as the previous pumps (so I wouldnt trip the DMS tolerance).

Worked fine for a bit, but then my port fill pump in particular, starting giving me trouble. The pump will shut off and the dms button will blink. I have to hold it down to reset it. Sometimes, when I reset it, it will work again. But most of the time after I reset it, it will trip repeatedly and the pump shuts off & the button blinks.

My recric pumps, and so far, my starboard fill pump is running perfectly.

Thoughts? This really had an effect on a few recent tournaments and I gotta find a way to correct it.

Thanks as always fellas.

2. Member
    Sounds like your dash panel is going out. Very common for push button panels. Guess that's why skeeter went to rocker switches. Or you don't have a good connection.

3. Member
    yeh I could see the DMS getting ready to quit....when you say good connection...are you talking about the splice between the pump and the main line?

4. Member
    yes

5. Member
    pretty sure I was as thorough as can be on that elec connection/ work. Damn DMS perhaps.

6. Member
    I have a similar problem. Port side live well works fine.Starboard live well panel light just blinks. It will reset but does the same thing. Tested pump and works fine.
    There are some innovations that just don't make good sense. The DMS and similar systems are good examples.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

7. Member
    Check the slip on connectors behind the dash for being loose also. Try wiring the pump direct with a fuse in-line and see if it works.
    My 2 cents.
    Bill
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148