Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    You know what's bad for baseball? Second guessing every fricking close call! Get rid of the pitchzone get rid of instant replays. Let the umpires make the calls, right or wrong and then move the hell on! In this world where WE have to make sure everything is right is not possible. Umpires will make mistakes players will make errors, that's life.
    Agree a missed call and argument is part of baseball, you people are so soft now . Braves broadcasters still cry about every pitch that is close unless it goes for their team .

You know what's bad for baseball? Second guessing every fricking close call! Get rid of the pitchzone get rid of instant replays. Let the umpires make the calls, right or wrong and then move the hell on! In this world where WE have to make sure everything is right is not possible. Umpires will make mistakes players will make errors, that's life.
    Agreed that the human factor is part of the game...and the bad calls are part of it....but that's topic for a whole 'nother 6 page thread

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    I'm with you 100% on this. The highers ups are always looking to speed up the game, meanwhile everyone sits on their thumbs while some guy 1000 miles away stares at a TV to second guess the umps. Plus watching Managers throw a hissy fit is part of the fun and lure of the game.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    Been watching the NFL since 1967 and that's one of the reasons I lose interest in today's games. Call the game with the naked eye at the speed of life. The nail in the coffin was the Dez Bryant call in the playoffs a few years ago . I had just started to watch the games again and that BS took the wind out of it for me. Splitting hairs with videos is not what sports are supposed to be about. It was always accepted that there was human error in the game. The flip side was that calls could be fudged on purpose to throw a game. With today's technology they can alter video on the fly so what's the difference? All they have done is changed the location of the final decision from the field judges to someone sitting in an office somewheres. Whose to say they use the best judgement.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 08-17-2018 at 03:09 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I’m glad you cared enough to post.
    You are welcome. Baseball😴

6. Banned
    The call in the GB Packers/ Seattle Seahawks game back in September of 2012 was the worst call ever seen in my opinion bar none. But you have to also accept the had the "strike refs"" doing games back then. Terrible anyway you look at it.

7. Member
    Ahhh.... the drama in baseball.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456