Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praying Just Like Dollar Bills Hitting the Ground

Thank you Lord for all the rain we've received last several days!....This part of AR has been blessed with an amazing amount of rain for August. Usually this time of year we are burnt to a crisp and struggling with farming decisions.....For every once of rain we were blessed with is "Just like dollar bills hitting the ground!"

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    My neighbor had to start feeding hay yesterday and I'm not far behind. Neither of us has enough hay for winter as it is, and he may not have enough to get through the summer. We have gotten a little rain the last two days which will help, but it's been a rough year. 5 miles north and 10 miles south have done much better.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Good for you !!!!!

4. Banned
    We were in the same predicament until late last week, thank the good Lord above we got ample rain over the weekend

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    It won't stop raining here this year, farmers are getting good hay growth but hard time getting it up before it gets wet again. Hopefully we do not get barn fires later. We keep ours in a old metal shipping container so if there is an issue the barn does not get involved.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Glad you folks are getting it. We had over a foot last week
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

7. Banned
    NW Indiana... we mowed July 17th and Aug 15. Yard burnt to a crisp. Getting the much needed rain now.

My parents are in west Michigan and there pond is almost dry in their yard. Its been very dry where they are. Ive been complaining about all the rain we have been getting in virginia Beach and he is complaining to me about a drought. Amazing how isolated areas experience this. We had ten inches of rain here in July and were halfway to that number already in August.
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

9. Member
    Coworker's farm is in Searcy County, they've been dry all summer and couldn't get a second hat cut. They've been selling cows because of it and not knowing if they'd have any winter grass. I think they got some but nothing like what they needed.

good news!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Coworker's farm is in Searcy County, they've been dry all summer and couldn't get a second hat cut. They've been selling cows because of it and not knowing if they'd have any winter grass. I think they got some but nothing like what they needed.
    We were just like that in June. April was the coolest ever, May was the warmest ever and June was dry as heck! First cutting of hay made 1/2 what it did Last year. At the end of June I was 1,000 round bales short of what I had last year at this time. Very scary.....Farming is one of the few jobs where you just hope to break even at the end of the year, just to try it again next year!

12. Member
    The abnormal is the new normal as far as weather goes!

good to heard.

Not good for those of us trying to build, we've had well over our average for this time of year.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

We've been getting enough rain in SW Arkansas this month to keep my sprinkler system from running 4 days a week. I can't remember the last time my rain sensor shut my sprinklers off in August. And we've been doing a lot of sitting on the back porch and watching it rain at our lakehouse in Hot Springs. It's raining almost daily there the past two weeks. More expected this weekend. But, loving every minute of it. My yard is thriving.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Not good for those of us trying to build, we've had well over our average for this time of year.
    Went through the same thing this winter/spring, really slowed things down and then when we want to get the lawn started...you guessed it...drought. We have been getting a little rain last couple of days though.

17. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    This is one of the towns not far from my house,

Storm dropped 6 inches in 2 hours, there have been multiple days of 4-6 inches in a single day this year. And it just keeps raining, normally at this time of year the lawns are brown. This year i cannot keep up with mowing.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    This is one of the towns not far from my house,

Storm dropped 6 inches in 2 hours, there have been multiple days of 4-6 inches in a single day this year. And it just keeps raining, normally at this time of year the lawns are brown. This year i cannot keep up with mowing.
    Wow.

19. Member
    We are getting rain all around us but none in our farming community...Its raining 20 miles east of us today but we haven't got a drop....I don't know how many hay cuttings they have had but it can't be good...Corn still looks OK..
    I've had to hand water my little backyard garden..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

20. Member
    Well at least someone is making money... we are having to bag off 6" of grass off everyone's lawn for the past 2 weeks because of the rain making grass grow like crazy.. Normally it is cut and throw and go. We are losing our shirts because of this crap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast