Thread: Prop?

Prop?

If running the same diameter & pitch in very similar props & one has to be trimmed up a lot higher to get more rpm does it need to be ran at higher prop to pad? Talking original Raker to Razor 3. Thanks

2. Member
    Not necessarily. One might just lift the hull more effectively causing less wetted surface and thus allowing the motor to turn more RPM at a lower trim angle.

3. Member
    Bass Junkie, thanks. I just can’t get a 24 Razor 3 to lift or run close to the speed of my fastest 24 Raker that has been worked by the previous owner. I also have 2 other rakers that have never been worked that beat it by several mph & they turn a lot easier. It seems the razor 3 is quite a bit stiffer then the rakers. Any idea like possibly over pitched? I sent it back to Mark & he removed cup, but the only way to turn it to 5500 rpm is empty on gas & you have to trim really high to do that. Thanks

4. Member
    There are so many variables with props and set-ups. It just might not be the right prop for your set-up or it may need to be ran at a higher prop to pad setting in order to get the most out of it. Much of boat set-up is trial and error until you get it dialed in. I would try raising it and just see what it does. If you get to the point that RPMs go up but speed does not or you don't have enough water pressure you know you have gone as far as you can.

5. Member
    I definitley have enough water pressure with 30 Lbs. at wot. Marks sending me a 23 to try this week.