Talon mounted anchor light patent?

https://thetandd.com/news/local/fish...e6ff516ac.html

What does this mean for Russell Marine Products' Talon anchor light? Russell has had the "patent pending" verbiage on their advertising for about 2 years... curious if there is any patent conflict between the two.

Although they both act as anchor lights, the two designs are vastly different - the article doesn't state the patent details, so not sure how far-reaching the patent would be.
    Russell's version is far simpler and less complicated in design and execution. T-zer's version is retractable, which looks like a nice feature to protect the light when not in use.

2. Member
    I bought a Russell Marine Talon light and love it. My buddy has the Tzer light which also nice. I went with Russell Marine light due to it's lower cost of $80. The Tzer was about $200 when I looked at them, they have come down since then. Yes, I understand that it is metal and flips up compared to the fixed mounted plastic Russell light. But for me $200 for an anchor light was too much money.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    I applied for a patent on a Talon Light but when I noticed boaters were willing to go with non-USCG approved lighting as long as it was cheap I chose not to pursue it further.

For my prototype I cut down a USCG approved light, made a mount(Patent item) and used a thru bolt and a square nut to attach to the groove in the Talon.

In the end I felt it was not going to make sufficient profit to be viable commercially. I wish him good fortunes.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Doubt it will mean anything to russel marine. The two products may serve the same purpose but they do not look at all the same. I actually much prefer the RMp light design wise but the T-zer light allows the light to be higher up in the air for the smaller talons ensuring it can be viewed a full 360 degrees. On an 8 foot talon, the RMP product would be blocked by the motor in some circumstances.