Networking Question- 2 x Helix 10 & Mega Ulterra ipilot Link

Hi all,

Hoping someone with more knowledge than me can answer a networking question.

Looking at 2 Helix 10’s and the new Ulterra with mega transducer.

In order for me to use the full range of features on the Mega Chirp SI units, would I require 2 full top of the line models? Obviously will be using the networking hub and wires to get the 2 birds and the Ulterra talking, but unsure if I really need two full blown top of the line models to use all the features on both units, or if I can share the data between the two while still being able to use the bow Helix with the Ulterra ducer, and the console unit with the transom ducer?

Also, just to confirm, I’d need 1 mapping card (Lakemaster or navionics) that would be shared, and 2 autochart live cards?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by BlackCrowe13; 08-15-2018 at 08:47 PM.

If the "new Ulterra with MEGA transducer" is the one coming out this Fall, that does 2D sonar and Down Imaging. If you want Side Imaging, you would need a Side Imaging unit.
    You can share sonar technologies via Ethernet. Helix units will not share mapping.

The "top of the line" units are SOLIX and they will share mapping.

With either series units, if you want to view Auto Chart Live mapping on both units, you need two Zero Line cards.
    Auto Chart Live is software in the units. Zero Line Cards are used for Auto Chart Live files, Auto Chart files, and Auto Chart Pro files.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks as always Wayne!