Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    For the water in locker issue, check the drain tube from the trolling motor recess. There is a tube under that drain hole. If the tube shifts, water will drain towards the lockers.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    For the water in locker issue, check the drain tube from the trolling motor recess. There is a tube under that drain hole. If the tube shifts, water will drain towards the lockers.
    Good idea, I dumped a bottle water in the recessed TM tray and opened up the compartments, no water. I fished in the rain twice now and can visually see the water dripping from the screws that hold down the black trim that is between the compartments. After the first time in the rain, I took it to dealer and explained what was going on. Got the boat back and could tell nothing was done as the same screws were still lose and could be moved by hand. So instead of continuously taking it back to dealer, I figured I would just do it myself. I fished in the rain again a few days ago and apparently didn’t seal up the screws good enough as water is still leaking through some of the screws. Guess I need to completely back the screws out and pump the hole with silicone.
    Last edited by dreese; 09-12-2018 at 04:03 AM.

3. Member
    Make sure you tilt the motor up for 5 minuets then tilt it down to check oil . brink me your boat I’ll guarantee it won’t make oil after a hour with me

4. Member
    Most of your issues are not skeeter related...just saying

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Guess I need to completely back the screws out and pump the hole with silicone.
    i'm about to do the same. Its already a pain in the ass enough to deal with the wet boat after fishing I can't stand to pull everything out the compartments also.

Did you guys get your leaking compartments and trailer issues figured out? I'm highly considering a new ZX250, primarily because of the Yamaha. However these issues have me 2nd guessing?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman2006 View Post
    Did you guys get your leaking compartments and trailer issues figured out? I'm highly considering a new ZX250, primarily because of the Yamaha. However these issues have me 2nd guessing?
    I had a trailer issue but mine was resolved and is resolved on new ones.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman2006 View Post
    My trailer issue is fixed, dealer put a new style winch stand and shimmed the bunks, and like rickmb said, it is supposedly fixed now on the new ones. I still have leaking front compartments after siliconing the screws. I have discovered water is coming in from the lip of the compartments as well. Apparently they missed some when sealing it underneath. When I have a chance, its going back to the dealer. The boat fishes and rides great, you just never know when buying a new product if there will be bugs to work out, some do, some don't.

9. Member
    Sounds like they will need to take the entire front grid off and seal it again.
    I'm sure its annoying with all of the rain we have had.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    Sounds like they will need to take the entire front grid off and seal it again.
    I'm sure its annoying with all of the rain we have had.
    It’s a huge pain. The last 4 times I was able to fish it has rained. I get home and have to take all of my gear out of the front compartments and put a fan on. With the high humidity it has taken about a week to dry out each time. Such a pain that I’m avoiding fishing if it’s gonna rain because it’s just not worth all the trouble. I sure hope they have a fix!

11. Member
    I have had three skeeters -these above mentioned problems were never issues with the earlier boats I owned - 1990, 2000, 2002- anyone fee the quality control has gone down the crapper?

12. Member
    Ok a new boat should not get wet where it shouldn't, I get that. Mine is dry as a bone, except when I use it in the rain. Now mine doesn't leak, far from it. I fish a lot in the rain. My partner often takes his time getting stuff out of storage and I'm pretty fast. Makes no difference when the door is open things get wet. No mine does not leak like yours. Thus anything that can get wet we store in dry bags. Now if we don't open a storage door nothing gets wet.

However my pesky glove box leaks like heck. Everything that goes in there gets wet, so for this year we used water proof box's that fit inside for our wallets and phones. I will work on a solution over winter.

Now we are agreed as long as you never open a storage lid in the rain things should be dry. If it is something is not right. Mine would have been fixed after the first trip period. Either it would have sat blocking the front door of the dealer demanding action or a new boat or I would have fixed it myself. Either way it would no longer leak.

My prior boat which was a Sylvan V never had dry storage for the 20 years I had it.i really don't remember if my original Skeeter from 1986 had dry storage. Maybe things kept dry under the seat and the small rod locker. However back then everything else was out on the floor and deck and got wet in the rain. Thus I am loving my dry storage with the FX20.

Now after any fishing in the rain it takes just short of a week to get the deck dry with a fan. I haven't found a way to keep deck carpet dry yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    It’s a huge pain. The last 4 times I was able to fish it has rained. I get home and have to take all of my gear out of the front compartments and put a fan on. With the high humidity it has taken about a week to dry out each time. Such a pain that I’m avoiding fishing if it’s gonna rain because it’s just not worth all the trouble. I sure hope they have a fix!
    That really is a shame. Skeeter makes a beautiful boat, with an awesome motor, and a great price point. That said there is no way I could put up with leaking compartments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12