1988 Yamaha Lower Unit?

We have an 88 Skeeter that has an
    88 Yamaha 90 hp
    Model 90 ETLG
    code 6HI
    serial 468069

Things were going great until the lower unit went out on me as I was waiting for hubby to back the trailer in so I could load it. I usually go for a ride to run the motor a lil more since we don't go too far to our fishing spot. Luckily I dropped the trolling motor and got to the dock to jump in and push the boat far enough on the trailer to hook up the wench and get it the rest of the way on.
    So it turns out the lower unit of course went out.
    In searching online of course of the age we are not having much luck in finding parts and lower units as a whole are hard to find too.
    So I am wondering if any one knows of places to check for parts and or lower units to fix and or replace this one.
    To get a brand new one from Japan would be at least 2 thous. if we could even get one.

Hubby has taken the lower unit off and the list he gave me of the parts we need to find (he is retired mechanic)
    housing holds a gear, 3 gears, a nut, o ring, 2 oil seals, pinion and bearing.

Any help would be greatly appreciate since he decided to get a new "used" boat and that merc. 150 XR6 motor has issues too that we need to fix the lower unit on it too :-(
    Last edited by mibus2; 08-15-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Born to Fish Forced to Work

2. Banned
    Check SEI in Tampa,.FL for one. They are.the.only aftermarket.source.for.lower.units.

3. Member
    Thank You will check it out now
    Last edited by mibus2; 08-15-2018 at 07:57 PM.

4. Member
    One new in stock at boats.net

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6H1-45300-13-EK

Check Ebay for the possibility of finding a used one. -13/-14/-15/-16 all should work.

Piece parts should be available if the lesser half wants to repair the lower unit.

5. Member
    Yes we already talked to boats.net and they told us roughly 2 thousand and maybe end of Aug. But they are on back order from Japan and have been for sometime

6. Member
    Their inventory system lies then.

7. Member
    Well hubby called and talked to someone there and a I stated above they said it might be the 26th of August, maybe they got one in sooner.
    IF they have it for sure I may have to find a way to afford it :-)
    Thanks!!