Hub Bushing or not....

Just got my prop back from Marks Propellers and was about to install it on my new Mercury Pro XS 115hp Four Stroke. It's the same prop, now tweaked by Mark, that was on my old Mercury 115 2 stroke.

When I opened the Flo-Torq Kit, which I'd gotten from Mark a couple of weeks before he got the prop, I noticed that the Drive Sleeve had a Hub Bushing inside it. Never had one of those before with the previous kit I used for the prop. (A Mercury Marine Laser II 46-16992 22P)

Is this hub Bushing optional, or something I have to use with the new 4 stroke engine? I don't believe the stock prop has one and I've run the engine with the Laser II before I sent it to Mark and did so without this Hub Bushing. Didn't notice any problems when I did.

Could use an answer ASAP because I'd like to get the prop on. Everything came to a screeching halt when I saw the hub bushing! Thanks.
    Last edited by OBT; 08-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Well I installed it with the bushing. There was some wobble of the prop on the shaft nearest the gear case without it. (Like a bell swinging) So, I put the bushing in the Drive Sleeve and no more wobble. Prop appears to sit the same when tightened down (50 lbs tourqe) so I guess I'll be good to go once I get on the water. Missed the test run I'd planned for earlier.
    Last edited by OBT; 08-16-2018 at 04:52 AM.

After about 3 hours of searching on-line I finally found this... I'm "A"...No Hub Bushing... Guess I've got to take off the prop again!

4. Member
    Leave the cone bushing in it and torque it to 100 lbs.