Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glysophate in my cereal

I always wonder why the clovers in my Lucky Charms kept wilting and dieing...

So now all cereal will be Non GMO organic and cost $35/box.

Jeeezuz....
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

2. Member
    My cereal is $2.05/box and it's organic, non-GMO and only real ingredients. The only 'preservative' in it ... Vitamin E.
    You really don't have to eat garbage. Just stay primarily around the perimeter of the grocery store, shop farmer's markets, etc.

Ingredients:
    Whole Grain Oats, Rice, Cane Sugar, Black Chia Seeds, Malted Barley Extract, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Honey, Molasses, Natural Flavor, Vitamin E.

3. Member
    LOL Lucky Charms. You would just be as well off ripping up the cardboard box and putting some sugar and milk on it. Just about the same nutrition.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    I thought Lucky Charms was all chemicals - no food at all.

5. Member
    Somehow they found very low levels of roundup in non gmo cereal also. Many non gmo crops are grown close to the roundup ready crops.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

6. Member
    Guys, it's all about levels. You breath CO every day but not at levels that affect you. Every time you eat an apple you get a dose of arsenic. Every chemical has a rating called NOEL, No Observable Effect Level. Below that level no effect has ever been seen in animals or humans. When you get into parts per billion levels of contaminants, there just is not effect. The group that did this "study" the Environmental Working Group searched long and hard to find "scientists" who would disregard the NOEL and say that the trace amounts of glyphosate found in cereal somehow pose a risk that NO govt. agency or university researcher has ever seen. Now that we have detection methods so sensitive we can detect down to ppb, expect to see lots more of these types of warnings. Consider this, ppb is approximately equal to a single grain of salt in an Olympic size swimming pool.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

7. Banned
    They’re magically delicious.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    And you want your tires filled with “nitrogen” cause they will last longer....what percent of our atmosphere is nitrogen...70+%?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I love me some glysophate...hell and give me some gluten and high fructose corn syrup too...yummy!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Guys, it's all about levels. You breath CO every day but not at levels that affect you. Every time you eat an apple you get a dose of arsenic. Every chemical has a rating called NOEL, No Observable Effect Level. Below that level no effect has ever been seen in animals or humans. When you get into parts per billion levels of contaminants, there just is not effect. The group that did this "study" the Environmental Working Group searched long and hard to find "scientists" who would disregard the NOEL and say that the trace amounts of glyphosate found in cereal somehow pose a risk that NO govt. agency or university researcher has ever seen. Now that we have detection methods so sensitive we can detect down to ppb, expect to see lots more of these types of warnings. Consider this, ppb is approximately equal to a single grain of salt in an Olympic size swimming pool.

NoCAL
    Spot on. It doesn't help now there are tons of blogs that pass themselves off as news sites, and are more than willing to publish any questionable study if it fits their agenda.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Somehow they found very low levels of roundup in non gmo cereal also. Many non gmo crops are grown close to the roundup ready crops.
    The low levels they found was probably the same amount that's in our drinking water.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I love me some glysophate...hell and give me some gluten and high fructose corn syrup too...yummy!
    Hell yeah. Sprinkle on some asbestos and lead dust and chow down.
    Hi Mike.

13. Member
    They are finding products with lead, cadmium, and arsonic in them, along with other heavy metals. Plants grow in soil....and a lot of the soil has naturally occurring metals in them. Plus, for many decades...the soil was sprayed with pesticides and herbicides that were comprised of these elements. So those soils will contain them for a longgg time. Organic foods are tested for pesticide residue, but not for metal contaminents. When we tested plants in the 60's ....we only had technology to measure in parts per million. Gov.safe limits were also....in parts per million. Then, we had test that could measure in parts per...billion. That is a huge leap. Most tomatoes grown in southern soils contain up to 40 toxic compounds...in minute amounts. One would need to know the measured amount they are actually finding...to know what kind of danger...if any....they are reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Hell yeah. Sprinkle on some asbestos and lead dust and chow down.
    Dont forget the mercury and red flannel!

Who remembers red M&M's yum!!!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    My cereal is $2.05/box and it's organic, non-GMO and only real ingredients. The only 'preservative' in it ... Vitamin E.
    You really don't have to eat garbage. Just stay primarily around the perimeter of the grocery store, shop farmer's markets, etc.

Ingredients:
    Whole Grain Oats, Rice, Cane Sugar, Black Chia Seeds, Malted Barley Extract, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Honey, Molasses, Natural Flavor, Vitamin E.
    I would be interested in this, locally produced or is it a brad readily available?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    I would be interested in this, locally produced or is it a brad readily available?
    Cascadian Farm, commercially produced, but good stuff.
    We stock up every time it's on sale.
    Currently Buy One, Get One Free at the local grocery.

https://www.cascadianfarm.com

And you have never gotten any weeds in your stomach have you? Be happy they are looking out for us.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    And you have never gotten any weeds in your stomach have you? Be happy they are looking out for us.
    I use to get the grapevines aka roids. Come to think of it they haven't come back since round up was the pesticide of choice. Never considered that angle.

20. Banned
    There is good and bad with everything we ingest................the trick is to balance it out,eat relatively happy and live a long productive life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast