Thread: Boats for sale?

Boats for sale?

I don't post often but I have a buddy who is looking to by a bass boat. He
    He's looking to spend $2000-3000. He knows it will be an older boat and he's fine with that. If anyone knows of some one selling it would be appreciated if you could
    could reply. Thanks.

I'm looking also and I'll tell you for that kind of money there is nothing that runs. You should see the junk out there they're asking $5K for.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm looking also and I'll tell you for that kind of money there is nothing that runs. You should see the junk out there they're asking $5K for.
    You're dead on about that. Was looking at potentially selling the Ranger, it's crazy how much it's still valued at, even for a '94. But sounds like my Dad wants to keep it so he'll just be buying me out of my share of it.

I haven't officially made it known but my 94 Gambler 209 is up for sale. It still needs a clean up and the way this year is going. I'm hoping to have it ready before the fall is over. And no I haven't put a price on it yet.

5. Member
    Just to give him an idea. How much is your ranger worth and what is it equipped with?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I tried to explain to him just that, however he is very optimistic.

Problem with a 2-3k boat is it’s going to need 2-3k more to even make it so it’s not a hassle to use every time out

I started with a 7k boat about 15 years ago ... have about 30k Into it now and it’s still a piece of crap lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynitrofishin View Post
    Just to give him an idea. How much is your ranger worth and what is it equipped with?
    NADA value was $8,500 which I feel is a little high because one of the windshields (dual console) is missing, and there's some carpeting under the consoles and in the storage compartments that I still haven't finished. I have it, I just never got around to finishing it.

It's a 1994 Ranger 488VS Commanche, 20' 3" long, dual axle trailer (with no brakes, another knock I put against the price), a 1 year old Minn Kota Maxxum 80 lb 24v trolling motor, and a 2006 Mercury Optimax 175hp for the motor. The motor has close to 600 hours on it at this point, bought it in 2009 with 470 hours, but I only do about 10-15 hours a year on it. The benefit of fishing a lot of smaller ponds.

I have two Lowrance Elite-7 units, but didn't include them when I priced it out through NADA. If I were going to sell it privately right now, I'd start it at $7,500 given that the entirety of the brakes on the trailer need replacing. Literally everything for them. Not sure how much I'd go up on that if I decided to include the electronics.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    NADA value was $8,500 which I feel is a little high because one of the windshields (dual console) is missing, and there's some carpeting under the consoles and in the storage compartments that I still haven't finished. I have it, I just never got around to finishing it.

It's a 1994 Ranger 488VS Commanche, 20' 3" long, dual axle trailer (with no brakes, another knock I put against the price), a 1 year old Minn Kota Maxxum 80 lb 24v trolling motor, and a 2006 Mercury Optimax 175hp for the motor. The motor has close to 600 hours on it at this point, bought it in 2009 with 470 hours, but I only do about 10-15 hours a year on it. The benefit of fishing a lot of smaller ponds.

I have two Lowrance Elite-7 units, but didn't include them when I priced it out through NADA. If I were going to sell it privately right now, I'd start it at $7,500 given that the entirety of the brakes on the trailer need replacing. Literally everything for them. Not sure how much I'd go up on that if I decided to include the electronics.
    Thanks for taking the time and sharing the information. I'll pass it along I'm sure it will help in his decision making.