Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ranger to a Bullet

Any of u guys gone from a Ranger Z521 to a Bullet XRS. Pros and cons? Been looking at them lately! Thanks

2. Member
    Well let's see, looks, ride, speed, etc. no I didn't come from a Ranger, but one of my fishing buddies has one, only thing he'll own, rides terrible, slow, slow hole shot

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Well let's see, looks, ride, speed, etc. no I didn't come from a Ranger, but one of my fishing buddies has one, only thing he'll own, rides terrible, slow, slow hole shot
    But, other than that.... LOL

4. Member
    The deck feels waaayyyy wider when fishing from the Ranger. If you can handle fishing from a narrower deck you will like the XRS. I don't mind a narrower deck but I'm used to it.

5. Member
    Never been wet in a bullet... well maybe in a rain storm... the deck is the only thing you’ll have to get use to. Everything else you’ll love

6. Member
    The Ranger I fished from had a wider deck no doubt but I think my 21 xd deck may have been longer. Good fishing platform I guess have not fished a ton out of one. When you sit down in the seats to move and you crank the big motor. Bullet out performs and it is not close. The other thing is be prepared for it to take longer to get to the lake. You usually cant get away from the gas station or where you stop to eat before you fish. Sometimes you even may think something is wrong at your vehicle with a small crowd gathering.

Oh I have never had a problem fishing 2 from the front deck of a Bullet. Most of the time your not fishing from the middle of the deck anyway.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 08-15-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

I fish from Rangers and like them a lot... But I dont have as much fun riding or driving them as a Bullet.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    I have fished out of all bullet is what I own and nothing else my only gripe with the bullet is wind drift when the wind is howling you dont get off trolling motor very long

9. Member
    A Bullet is going to drift more in the wind, that being said they are lighter and respond much better with the trolling motor so I really don’t count it as a knock against its fishability. You don’t really need a 36v 100# plus motor to control the boat, I have a 24v 82# and have never felt the need for more. I came out of a pro craft 210 sp which is a giant and two champions before that, the only negative you will probably find is the narrow deck, I did at first but quickly got used to it and don’t notice now. I can honestly say that once you get in a bullet and drive it you will be impressed, Ranger is a very nice built boat but you will see they will not perform on the same level as a Bullet.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

10. Banned
    Biggest difference fishing wise will be the amount of deck space at the trolling motor and the bullet will drift more in the wind. That being said I came out of a basscat to a bullet and won't look back. When people tell you that the 21' boats ride good they aren't lying.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurnal View Post
    I have fished out of all bullet is what I own and nothing else my only gripe with the bullet is wind drift when the wind is howling you dont get off trolling motor very long
    Ultrex fixes that

12. Member
    I’m went from a skeeter zx250 not a ranger but you get the idea to a 21xrd and fuel economy is amazing, ride is better than anything I’ve bin in.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

13. Member
    Too bad we're not closer, I'd take you for a ride in mine, same here, I a Bullet guy, I've owned a Astro, a Pro Craft, A Triton, and now on my third Bullet, I would put my Bullet up against any other brand of bass boat

I went from ranger (not the size u want to compare) to Bullet 21x and everything said is true I have had mine for a long time and plan on keeping it forever and passing it to my son with me buying a new Bullet when he turns 18.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    The deck feels waaayyyy wider when fishing from the Ranger. If you can handle fishing from a narrower deck you will like the XRS. I don't mind a narrower deck but I'm used to it.
    I hear people saying the deck on the 21xrs is narrow...I find it plenty wide. I don't need an aircraft carrier deck to fish from. I've fished two guys on front of my 21xrs no problem. But I guess if you are a bigger dude a wider deck might be better.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    Ultrex fixes that
    Ya, ever since I got the ultex I don't even notice wind anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I hear people saying the deck on the 21xrs is narrow...I find it plenty wide. I don't need an aircraft carrier deck to fish from. I've fished two guys on front of my 21xrs no problem. But I guess if you are a bigger dude a wider deck might be better.
    I just don’t get the “I need a super wide deck” to fish from deal. I go front to back...not side to side.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I just don’t get the “I need a super wide deck” to fish from deal. I go front to back...not side to side.
    I’m with you on this one. The efficiency of a narrow deck, especially when flipping mats or a flat with scattered wood cover, can’t be matched.

19. Banned
    I went from a Stratos/ Champion 210 Elite to a 21XRS. Now I've only had it out 2 times but I have fished quite a bit each time out. I haven't noticed the "narrow" deck yet... Dan

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I went from a Stratos/ Champion 210 Elite to a 21XRS. Now I've only had it out 2 times but I have fished quite a bit each time out. I haven't noticed the "narrow" deck yet... Dan
    Any comments on the rough water ride comparison between the two?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast