Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Heck I uasally have 9 rods on front deck . 21SS

if your foots on trolling motor pedal you can only go so far left to right .

flipping a jig is way better in a Bullet because you are up a little higher in the air because the bow sits up higher in a bullet. I kept hitting the water and getting a back lash trying to flip out of a ranger. Can’t beat the flipping deck of a bullet
    I also love the raised deck for this very reason . I spend alot of time standing on the gunnel with my heels on the carpet flipping .

2. Member
    You are located in the Fort Worth area, correct? Come to Lake Fork and ride and
    fish out of a Bullet XRD. Make up your own mind but Kyle08 came to Lake Fork
    and he is in a Bullet. The driver of the boat is what makes the ride. I fished out of
    my first Ranger 521L this week end. Great boat but would kill your back coming off
    some of the waves. Hard for two fat guys to fish off the front deck no matter what boat
    you are in.
    Rex Minchew
    903 563 9203

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    all this talk about alot of rods on the deck has always stumped me.. i can see if out practicing and looking but if im in a tourney and got more that 3 rods on the deck im in trouble LOL
    I've always said the same. If you have more than three or four rods on the deck on tournament day than you just lost before you even started.

4. Member
    Funny story ! My buddy who fishes with me a lot and another guy I don’t know . The guy I don’t know has an XRS I found out.

well one day the guy I fish with says why does his boat ride so much better than yours ( there the same boat right). I said no mines a SS his is a XRS. So that just proves the XRS rides good. Because my SS rides pretty good

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Any comments on the rough water ride comparison between the two?
    The rough water ride of any boat depends heavily on the experience of the driver, having said that to say this, My 21 xrd rides better than any other comparable boat in it class. I have had triton, stratos, and Bass Cat and hands down my 21 xrd is the best boat I have every owned. My 21 xrd is fast( 84 mph top end with 250 merc, it fished large, great fuel economy, 2 people on the front deck no problem and probably could fish a 3rd person if you are flippin and pitchin, livewells are huge, storage for ever, awesome in rough water, 24 volt ultrex makes easy work from the trolling motor end, and I have never needed more than a 24volt trolling motor plenty of power.

6. Member
    Me too on the 24 volt trolling motor. If I need more power than 24volt I really don't think I want to be on the water.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Member
    There are times you need a 36v troller, the flow on the river can make it tough to fish some spots, rather have it than not

If you don’t have 36V in a few rivers here you won’t catch many fish....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123