Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I just don’t get the “I need a super wide deck” to fish from deal. I go front to back...not side to side.
    This^^^^^^

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Banned
    I just don’t get the “I need a super wide deck” to fish from deal. I go front to back...not side to side.
    You mean you guys don't have hoedowns on the front deck every Saturday night??? That's the same argument as a dual console, you only sit there while running and if you don't have enough space you better think about putting yourself on a diet...

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Any comments on the rough water ride comparison between the two?
    The rough water ride so far is very comparable. Had a lot of barge traffic last time out on the river while breaking it in. No bone jarring thuds, just a nice even steady ride. The seats are one of the nicest upgrades Bullet has made since I owned my last one. I'll be out a lot this week and should learn more about the the ride and handling of the boat... Dan

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    The rough water ride so far is very comparable. Had a lot of barge traffic last time out on the river while breaking it in. No bone jarring thuds, just a nice even steady ride. The seats are one of the nicest upgrades Bullet has made since I owned my last one. I'll be out a lot this week and should learn more about the the ride and handling of the boat... Dan
    Thanks would definitely like to hear your thoughts on that as you get more seat time. The 210 Elite has a good reputation in that department.

4. Member
    Ya, once you take the 21xrs on Lake Erie you will know how good she actually is in rough water. Its pretty amazing.

5. Banned
    That's the plan... Erie, St. Clair, Sam Rayburn and The Big O will all get a chance to put it through it's paces... Dan

6. Member
    I'll put a 21 RDC or any 21 Bullet for that matter up against any other bass boat in the rough water ride department, I've been in rough water in a Ranger, a Triton, a Bass Cat, a Pro Craft, and a Skeeter, a 21 Bullet out rides all of them

^^+1
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I hear people saying the deck on the 21xrs is narrow...I find it plenty wide. I don't need an aircraft carrier deck to fish from. I've fished two guys on front of my 21xrs no problem. But I guess if you are a bigger dude a wider deck might be better.
    It is plenty wide until you get 6+ rods on the deck then it becomes a slight issue. I don't even notice it being narrow until I fish out of my buddies Rangers or Phoenixs. I could see somebody who is coming from a wider boat stepping on rods and whatnot when they get in a bullet.

9. Member
    My front deck doesn't seem narrow until my 88lb lab gets up there and tries to push me out when I catch a fish

10. Member
    I guess that’s my biggest issue being the front deck!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    It is plenty wide until you get 6+ rods on the deck then it becomes a slight issue. I don't even notice it being narrow until I fish out of my buddies Rangers or Phoenixs. I could see somebody who is coming from a wider boat stepping on rods and whatnot when they get in a bullet.
    That is a lot of rods! I see guys on the pro tour with a bunch of rods on deck too though. I usually just have three and my other rods are in the storage compartment.

12. Member
    ^^^THIS When two people fish from the font they are usually side by side standing closer to the side of the boat. They are not normally standing one on the side and the other directly behind him. I crank a lot and I have my partner at times stand right beside me at the front of the deck as we will cast in front of the boat. Never a problem not having enough room or in each others way.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    That is a lot of rods! I see guys on the pro tour with a bunch of rods on deck too though. I usually just have three and my other rods are in the storage compartment.
    This is me too. I only have about three rods on deck, four at the very most. I carry 15-20 combos in the compartments and don’t see the need to have anymore laying around.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

I had 11in round custom butt seats made for this reason. I don't need any more seat and this gives much more room to walk around my rods on deck.

In the land of the Great Lakes... My boat is not the "Best" riding boat like many here claim.... It does very well, But not the best. It fits my style perfectly though. If I only fished big water, Bullet would be crossed off the list.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

15. Member
    Best boat for big water like erie is a deep v.....no doubt...but have no problem taking mine out in 2-3'rs...boat traffic waves is what gets you out there...that and a northeast wind.

Hmmmm....wonder if Bullet has ever considered a deep v fishing boat? That would be tits.

16. Member
    I go front to back...not side to side.
    Exactly with my 21xrd I have many steps lol

17. Member
    The Ultrex has definitely made the wind drift issue a moot point.

18. Member
    Heck I uasally have 9 rods on front deck . 21SS

if your foots on trolling motor pedal you can only go so far left to right .

flipping a jig is way better in a Bullet because you are up a little higher in the air because the bow sits up higher in a bullet. I kept hitting the water and getting a back lash trying to flip out of a ranger. Can’t beat the flipping deck of a bullet

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    Heck I uasally have 9 rods on front deck . 21SS

if your foots on trolling motor pedal you can only go so far left to right .

flipping a jig is way better in a Bullet because you are up a little higher in the air because the bow sits up higher in a bullet. I kept hitting the water and getting a back lash trying to flip out of a ranger. Can’t beat the flipping deck of a bullet
    I never even would have thought about that...good point.

20. Member
    all this talk about alot of rods on the deck has always stumped me.. i can see if out practicing and looking but if im in a tourney and got more that 3 rods on the deck im in trouble LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast