Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Sept 1 through Aug 31 is the State's fiscal year. Your "year from purchase" license is $7 more than the annual and fishing only.
    Thanks, I’d never heard of the way Texas does license so did the year from date license a few years ago. I don’t hunt here either and had never heard of a deer lease so when I moved here I thoughg paying to hunt was crazy. I quickly realized that was normal here. I moved from Tennessee years ago and just hunted on family land or asked land owners for permission but that was years ago.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I don’t hunt here either and had never heard of a deer lease so when I moved here I thought paying to hunt was crazy. I quickly realized that was normal here. I moved from Tennessee years ago and just hunted on family land or asked land owners for permission but that was years ago.
    I grew up in the TX panhandle and we hunted upland birds. Wasn't much of a deer population back then and most was cleared farmland. There were a lot of people that came in for the opening weekend for pheasant hunting, so some farmers charged a gun fee each day. For most of us locals, we'd just ask if we could hunt if we didn't own the land. I've never paid to hunt. When I moved to Abilene 21 years ago, I ran into the same as you, where land owners manage their land to provide hunts or lease their land to a individual or group of hunters on an annual basis is sometimes a sole source of income. It's their land, so I don't have a problem them making a living off of it. There is a lot of public lands in TX to hunt.

I don't blame them at all for charging, I had just never heard of it. Pretty smart on the landowners part, it seems having a deer lease is almost a status symbol around here. I kept having people tell me they were going to their ranch for the weekend and thought how does everyone except me afford a ranch along with their local home. Then I found out it was their deer lease that a lot were referring to.

4. Member
    How much is a license now I havent bought one in years.

You qualify for an old farts super combo 32.00

Quote Originally Posted by westexbill View Post
    How much is a license now I havent bought one in years.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

7. Member
    Disabled Vet is free

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Disabled Vet is free
    thought you was just slacking.

9. Banned
    Disabled Vet is free

Disabled Vet is free

11. Member
    I just bought mine a Wally World on 351. Took a whopping 6 minutes. I can't understand why people wait til the last minute every year,and endure the long lines?

Super Combo, Lease License and the wife's fishing license, all from my comfy office chair. I usually order online.

13. Member
    I seen on Academy's website a couple of days ago that if you buy 1 of 5 or 6 different guns you get your super combo license for free. One of the guns was a $180 Mossburg 12 guage pump. I think I'm gunna do that and basically get a gun for $100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12