Alpha Angler Zilla

Curious of those who've used this rod.. What jig sizes can you use? 1/2 oz jig work well? Enough backbone for a 3/4 oz football jig? On the light side - Does it have enough tip for a 5/16 oz finesse jig or would you say 3/8 oz is minimum?

Coming from GLoomis IMX 7' HVY, I'm curious how the weight and sensitivity compare. Thanks!

2. Member
    It's going to take a minute to get used to. I have 2 - use them for t-rigs. The tip is a little lighter than most. I think it will do just fine for a .5 oz jig
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    It's going to take a minute to get used to. I have 2 - use them for t-rigs. The tip is a little lighter than most. I think it will do just fine for a .5 oz jig
    Cool. That's one thing I didn't care for on the Loomis, not much tip on that rod. What weight T Rig do you throw it with?

4. Member
    I throw 1/4 - 3/8 for the majority and have no issues with casting/pitching/flipping/etc. I also would mention that the reel seat is comfortable in the hands. I do enjoy that. I am still getting used to it because I typically used a 7' rod for the above. I also haven't had the chance to catch many fish with it.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

5. Member
    I've thrown a 3/4 oz football jig all the way down to a 1/4 shaky head. The shaky was a little light but a 5/16 jig with trailer should be just fine.