Thread: Wiggle Wart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wiggle Wart

So about 12 years ago I bought my first wiggle wart in a bargain bin. It was baby bass and had a rattle in it, it was my go to medium crank, something about it just caught fish. Unfortunately that has lead to it being damaged beyond repair. I’ve spent the last few years buying warts trying to find it and I can’t. Obviously the new paint job is different but also the size is slightly different. The warts I can find now are all 2” long, this one is about 2 1/4-2 3/8”. Any idea what it was???
    I also found a square bill a couple years ago in that pattern exactly the same size, it was also a machine and was stolen by a pike.... both bargain bins at Gander Mountain.
    I have three boxes of “original” warts, mad flashes, flat sides that I’ve accumulated trying to get the one....

2. Member
    Mag Wart possibly?

Does it have anyhting stamped on the underside of the bill? Never heard of a Wart that size, but I guess they could exist. Magnum Wart is 2.75 inches, which could be a possibility, but yours sounds a little to small to be a Mag Wart.

Was the baby bass color with an orange belly or just white? I think the orange belly ones were later productions and the plain white were earlier. I could be wrong but I don't remember Mag warts ever being available in baby bass.

5. Member
    It says STORM in the bill and I should clear up the bait itself is the identical size and shape as the original wart but the bill is just slightly wider and a 1/4” longer. This makes the overall bait just a touch longer and dive very quickly at low speed. It has a white belly and the paint is smooth (some of the new ones I’ve found are textured). It’s not the mag wart, bought a few of those too in search of the one...

6. Member
    Also it has yellow eyes with black centers

Well there are a number of them. Did it have a painted bill or was it clear? What color was the belly. White, Grey, Orange, Red or Chartreuse?

The Wee Wart is 2 1/4,1/3oz. The Wiggle Wart is 3, 3/8oz.

8. Member
    White belly, total length is 3 1/4”.
    can you still get subwarts?

9. Member
    Bill is clear, I can’t seem to get pictures loaded properly

10. Member
    Wee warts had painted bills to my recolection.

Wee Wart
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by wtrwsel; 08-16-2018 at 09:00 PM.

13. Member
    This is definitely a "thing" with Wiggle Warts over the years. I also have had 2 specific old Warts in a Chrome/Purple color that just hammered them, including my 2 PB Largemouth over 8lbs. They got old and damaged beyond repair and I have never found another in that color quite the same...
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

14. Member
    It’s unreal, as I’ve been searching over the years I heard the story over and over again with warts, hard to believe they cannot find a way to duplicate it. I have my PB and many other large girls to my name due to that one bait and I’m not the only one. Something about the plastic and rattle they used, it sounds just a little different and swam so erratic. I’d even try having someone 3D print one but I’m not sure you could fake it.

I’m gonna take a guess here.
    You either have one of the post Rapala takeover WW’s or it’s a mad flash series. The only reason for those guesses is the clear bill.
    I also did some poking around on the internet and found a post regarding Gander Mtn. clearing out their wiggle warts in the same time frame as you saying you purchased yours.
    Obviously, you posting a picture would sure help with the ID but is the bill on the bait completely straight or does it have a slight bend right at the body?

16. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    It could be a "Wiggle Wide" ? Just throwing my 1 cents in the Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    It says STORM in the bill and I should clear up the bait itself is the identical size and shape as the original wart but the bill is just slightly wider and a 1/4” longer. This makes the overall bait just a touch longer and dive very quickly at low speed. It has a white belly and the paint is smooth (some of the new ones I’ve found are textured). It’s not the mag wart, bought a few of those too in search of the one...
    It is obviously not a pre-rapala wiggle wart. You need to find ones that say STORM on the bill to get the same thing you had.
    Charger 210 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    This is definitely a "thing" with Wiggle Warts over the years. I also have had 2 specific old Warts in a Chrome/Purple color that just hammered them, including my 2 PB Largemouth over 8lbs. They got old and damaged beyond repair and I have never found another in that color quite the same...
    Nice fish!

19. Member
    The bill tips down immediately after it comes off the front of the bait. I wish I could get a picture posted, it keeps saying it’s too big, I’m missing something...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    I’m gonna take a guess here.
    You either have one of the post Rapala takeover WW’s or it’s a mad flash series. The only reason for those guesses is the clear bill.
    I also did some poking around on the internet and found a post regarding Gander Mtn. clearing out their wiggle warts in the same time frame as you saying you purchased yours.
    Obviously, you posting a picture would sure help with the ID but is the bill on the bait completely straight or does it have a slight bend right at the body?
    Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

OP, I'm going to pm you my email address and I'll try to post the pic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast