Trailer tire wear issue

Ok, I just recently noticed that the inside edge of my rear trailer tire(tandom) has been wearing faster than the rest of the tire. And it looks to the naked eye like the tire might be out just a hair(or I just thought that upon seeing how the tire was wearing). It took a while to notice since that edge of the tire is hard to see with the fenders until you get down on the ground behind it.

Anyways, I need to get this corrected. Would a tire shop work on adjusting that tire on the trailer? I'm kinda of at a loss for who to start looking into for fixing this. Will I need to find a trailer repair facility?

Thanks guys.

fairly common issue-- odds are It's not the tire but rather the axle/hub assembly is off just a tad.
    If not real bad I normally will rotate the tires.. It does not solve the problem but it helps even the tire wear.
    I have had to replace an axle on a couple of trailers.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    A tire shop won't be much help. The first thing you want to do is make sure you don't have a failing or loose bearing. That can cause similar wear. Jack it up and see if there is excess play in the bearings.

Is this a torsion axle or conventional springs?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Joe4d
    bent axle or bearing/ hub issue.

5. Member
    Bearing, bent axle, worn bushings, not a load "D" tire can also cause inner uneven wear.

6. Member
    Had a similar issue on my trailer. Called manufacturer (Ranger in this case). They told me, pick a tire groove, measure from that groove to the same groove on other side...do this in the front side (toward the tongue), then do it on the rear side (toward the transom). Note the DIFFERENCE in distance between the same groove in the tires in front and back. In the case of Ranger it was to be within 1/8”. Mine was 1 1/4”difference. Ranger replaced my axle and both tires under warranty. I’m in spec now, and no weird wear...not sure the spec on your trailer, but this is a quick way to check it.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D