Throttle body butterfly position at WOT?

2003 Ficht 225 HO
    SN: 5025846
    Model: F225FHLSTA
    Raker II 25p
    3.5" P2P
    492 hours

Chasing struggle to get on plane and excessive delay to reach max RPM range and never reach optimum speed plus struggle to power load on trailer (no power). Recent new-to-me (490 hours) rig that has yet to behave as expected. Decarbed and changed plugs (index and gapped @ .028) had no effect. Pulled new plugs after one on-the-water test and then driveway warmup the following day to examine plugs and check compression - five were damp and one (#2) was still pristine like it just came out of the box. Traced the plug wire and it was unplugged from the coil - buried under bundled cabling/wiring. Note that I recently reinstalled (MarineComputerSupply R&R) the EMM and perhaps it became disconnected as a result on my removal/reinstallation but seems doubtful.

I couldn't hear a miss and while on EVDiags with one cylinder not firing, it idled at 685 with no active faults. Last historical fault was a 28 Shift Switch Malfunction @ 484 hours (prior owner).

Compression is:

116 (Not firing) 120
    117 114
    118 112

With motor off; shifter in neutral; and hotfoot pedal fully depressed, all butterfly positions are about 80% open. Cannot adjust the hotfoot wot throttle position because the pedal is actually stopping about an 1/8" before it hits the stop. At the motor, there is a throttle cable adjustment wheel but I have yet to read up (only have SELOC manual - still looking for OEM Repair Guide) on making any adjustments and seek guidance. If under power or load, would the butterflies be completely open and what i’m seeing with the motor at rest is normal or is a throttle cable, TPS, and or other adjustment required?

I plan to put it on the water this afternoon to evaluate the affect of coil correction - optimistic presumption is that I get at least 80% (66 MPH @ 5400 RPM) of the issue resolved.

Thanks in advance for any insight or guidance...
    Last edited by Neverest; 08-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Look for part number 5005259 www.outboardbooks.com has them you may not want to pay the price for it though.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    what does EVdiags say your TPS voltage is?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Look for part number 5005259 www.outboardbooks.com has them you may not want to pay the price for it though.
    Thanks but “not found” for my year/model - been scouring the Internet, including e-bay, without any luck...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    what does EVdiags say your TPS voltage is?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    Thanks but “not found” for my year/model - been scouring the Internet, including e-bay, without any luck...
    Click on this link there are several dealers that have them but they are $74.95. http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/1...cfm?clearcache

7. Member
    Thank you sir...

8. Member
    Reconnecting the disconnected coil wire resolved my hole shot and lugging RPM - jumps out of hole and rapid climb to 64 MPH @ 5200 RPM in rough water test today. Still not getting max RPM and suspect it’s the throttle body butterflies not fully opening at WOT. Hopefully, I’ll know more when I get OEM Service Guide...